What's new

Ride Mikuni Loop

Hi, Thomas,
I'd love to join you tomorrow, but I decided to cut on "far-from-home" trips until GW, so I'll do something short around Takao instead.
Have fun on Mikuni! :)

Oh, how I envy you freeters! Wish I could join. Have fun!

I'll do something short around Takao instead.

Sounds like someone is thinking about doing a Wada time trial. :)

By the way, Sergey, if you're out that way, maybe you should try my patented Jimba Onsen route. If you do it as an out and back ride, you get five climbs in.

Deej

Sometimes a フリーター...

and sometimes not. :(

Can't join you guys on this one unfortunately, but hopefully next time. Have a good ride!

weekday rides

working 22nd.

25th/26th or 27th look like they might be good Phil or anybody if you wanted to do a Chiba peninsular ride.
Although i have my bi-annual medical examination on the 29th so I need to be able to give a good clear urine sample, not full of sweat blood and tears also stand up without falling over immediately always looks better.

DT
and sometimes not. :

Can't join you guys on this one unfortunately, but hopefully next time. Have a good ride!

Oh, how I envy you freeters! Wish I could join. Have fun!

Sounds like someone is thinking about doing a Wada time trial. :)

By the way, Sergey, if you're out that way, maybe you should try my patented Jimba Onsen route. If you do it as an out and back ride, you get five climbs in.

Deej

Looks great, Deej, thanks a lot! I'll check it out :cool:

Not sure about Wada TT - I seem to suffer more than anywhere when climbing Wada. I'm not a threat to your record there... yet... maybe...:D

Have fun!

Did Mikkuni the other by myself (MOB wanted to join but had to cancel at the last minute for work reasons). Instead of doing the KT loop, I started out in Shin-Matsuda, visited Tanzawako which was really nice with the cherry trees in full blossom, then climbed Mikkuni and returned to Tokyo via Doshimichi. Nice ride with 165km and 2,000m climbing.

http://www.mapmyride.com/route/jp/kanot/345124039356665140

From Shin Matsuda it is possible to start the other way, go up 710 and then over the paved but gated forest road that crosses Hadano-toge and goes down to the east end of Tanzawa-ko. It is a beautiful climb up, although sometimes there is debris on the descent to the lake so you need to take it slow. Definitely is a nice time to do that now with the weeping cherries in bloom by the reservoir.

Jimba Onsen route (c) Deej

Just returned from Takao, where I explored the "forbidden" onsen rindo introduced by Deej - very nice little road.

good:
- quiet, no cars, no villages, nothing
- very beautiful veiws close to the top
- steep! but not crazy-steep and not too long - also a nice addition to the "total ascent", when going to Takao
- tanuki!!!

bad:
- bbbb-bbb-bbaaa-aa-aaddd-d-ddd-d surface (not sure if I want to ride over those gratings again...)

Sergey, glad you could check it out. It's a nice break from the usual roads, huh? I haven't seen any Tanuki yet, though I have spotted monkeys and their green turds.

Yeah, the surface gets pretty bad in places, but not enough to keep me away.

Did you check out both sides? The first part of the climb (up to the gate) on the Wada side is pretty dang steep. but it levels off after the gate.

Overall, the climb is tougher from the Takao side.

Deej

:abduct: Sergey, Deej, thanks for your interest in Mikuni-toge. :D

Instead of doing the KT loop, I started out in Shin-Matsuda, visited Tanzawako which was really nice with the cherry trees in full blossom, then climbed Mikkuni and returned to Tokyo via Doshimichi. Nice ride with 165km and 2,000m climbing.

Thanks for the map, Ludwig! Chris and I did a ride similar to ours, Ashigara-toge, Mikuni-toge, Kagosaka-toge and then that nice little rindo off R138. Will try your route next time.

From Shin Matsuda it is possible to start the other way, go up 710 and then over the paved but gated forest road that crosses Hadano-toge and goes down to the east end of Tanzawa-ko. It is a beautiful climb up, although sometimes there is debris on the descent to the lake so you need to take it slow. Definitely is a nice time to do that now with the weeping cherries in bloom by the reservoir.

Thanks, Alan! If I am not mistaken, TCC has already been on R710 twice. Always challenging due to debris.

Back
Top Bottom