What's new

Mid-week Boso ride

EricinIkebukuro

Speeding Up
Jan 30, 2011
In preparation for shuzenji in 2 weeks I am going to work a little bit on some hills and recovery. I remember the amazing Boso ride that Phil led last October and I plan on using that same route. This Wednesday and Thursday seem to be really good riding weather. I am fine to ride either day but thursday looks better. Let me know if you want to join me. Route and meet location coming soon.

What: Boso ride to the coast
Where: Boso Peninsula (Chiba Peninsula)
Start and End Point: Honda (誉田) Station on the 外房線 (JR Sotobo Line)
When: Thursday, March 22nd, rollout 9:30 AM sharp, back 5pm latest.

http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/9442832

There is a bail out point when we get to the south coast but other than that you are in the hills. Thursday has the best weather so I am making that the official day. You can hammerfest if you like, but I am going to train by hammering the hills and recover everywhere else.

if i can get a hold of a bag id be keen for this, be a good change from spinning up n down the arakawa for 4 hours and the chance to see how my fitness is going since i got destroyed on that green line ride last year lol

I did this last year in October and it was one of the most beautiful rides I had ever done. The scenery is just amazing and the roads are in great condition for being in the inaka.

Just spend a day pottering in Boso. It's so beautiful, if you find good roads off the beaten track.
Also, one advice:
It's strawberry season right now and you can do 30min all you can eat courses all over boso. Mix it into the middle of your ride, that's what I did today. Look for イチゴ狩りon google maps...

See you there!

thanks again to eric for organising this ride, will have to start calling him cancellara now due to his ability to ride inhumanely fast for long periods of time without showing any grimace on his face. great place to ride and would love t o go back again just have to get my corpse of a body back into shape:warau:

It was amazing weather wasn't it! I still can't get over the monkey crossing the road! I definitely want to go back when the cherry blossoms are out and it is a little warmer! But I wonder if there are some other routes in Boso we can take? See you next time!

Eric, Chiba is a paradise for riding. I'll post my route later, but last weekend pretty much stumbled on a great route. I also like that it's not super long climbs but more of a string of cat4s.

Btw, congrats on your promotion to B class, it seems all TCC riders were on the podium last week. Would love to hear about the race.

Just saw this thread now, normally would make a point of joining a Boso ride but having the Busiest March Ever so no chance of getting away for this one! (Looks forlornly at dusty bike in corner...) Hopefully next time...

If you want more route ideas, incidentally, you could search this sub-forum for "Hilly Boso", "Boso Backroads" and "Backroads Boso", "Chazzer Farewell", "Koyo Boso", "Boso Coast Dash", "Boso Back in the Saddle" to see maps for some past rides we've done.

Good luck at Shuzenji!

Back
Top Bottom