Mid-ride drinks & snacks

A long distance ride at home wouldn't be the same for me without an iced coffee milk (if you're ever in Oz I recommend Dare Double Espresso or Farmers Union Iced Coffee) along the way. In Singapore last year I found an iced coffee drink by Meiji in a 700 (or so) mL bottle that was absolutely delicious. I spent a year dreaming of riding around Chiba with a bottle of water in one bottle cage and Meiji iced coffee in the other but, now that I'm here and after searching every combi & supermarket, I can't find it anywhere, even after searching online. Has anyone seen anything like it anywhere? Any other drinks or snacks that are recommended to try while riding around the Tokyo/Chiba area?

joewein

Maximum Pace
Oct 25, 2011
Setagaya, Tokyo
joewein.net
My favourite drink (besides water) when cycling is van Houten cocoa. It's like liquid energy food.

I *love* coffee, but usually don't have any while cycling. It doesn't help that most of the conbini coffee and virtually all vending machine coffee is sweetened and I can't stand sweetened coffee.

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
Alot of the conbini now have those pod coffee machines. I'm not partial to the sweetened stuff either. One tip - you can also get the instant coffee cups, etc for like 180yen for 4 cups. Then just use the conbini ho****er jug. Or - you can bring your own coffee crystals and make it for free!

Midride snack in the winter gotta be the pizza-man! But you need to beat Pete to the counter!

For my 'ice coffee' fix - I pull a doppio from my Rancillio and add to the current High 5 mix of the day. It's surprisingly tastey.

My favourite drink (besides water) when cycling is van Houten cocoa. It's like liquid energy food.

I *love* coffee, but usually don't have any while cycling. It doesn't help that most of the conbini coffee and virtually all vending machine coffee is sweetened and I can't stand sweetened coffee.

I finally found Meiji iced coffee in a vending machine in the basement of a hotel in Shirahama. My fault for not looking there first... I tried the van Houtens Cocoa today on a Boso ride and it was the sugar fix that I needed at the right time. Teriyaki chicken and egg sandwiches went down well too. I'll put the pizza on my list, thanks.