What's new

Michael o.B. Kraehe aka MOB SAYONARA RIDE

Happy

Aaron to let you know there is an opening now for you to join the party :) too as someone was forced to cancel.

BTW, a few people were wondering where we will be seated. Don't worry, it will be indoors...one long table has been reserved :cool:.

Aaron, it's so good to hear from you! I thought you had given up on cycling. :D

I'm glad to hear you have recovered, looking forward to riding with you on Saturday!

7/11

"everybody assemble at the Takao 7/11"

Just to be absolutely sure, which 7/11 is this?:confused:

Let there be no doubt....

"everybody assemble at the Takao 7/11"

Just to be absolutely sure, which 7/11 is this?:confused:

Here you are Aaron...this is the one and only PE approved 7-Eleven in the area:
2qdaj5w.jpg

Hi all.. one more rider pls. I will be "ride only" and will meet the crew at Shinjuku station.

Hi all.. one more rider pls. I will be "ride only" and will meet the crew in Shinjuku station.

Mr. Traditional, got you. Will add. No beer for you?

Shinjuku Station to Takao?

Hello all,

I'm new to Tokyo and a bit navigationally challenged. Is anyone in central Tokyo heading to Takao from Shinjuku by train? If so, what time/train and more importantly could I tag along?

Thanks,
Tyler

Hi Tyler,

You might want to get on the Travis & Thomas Train...note however that this is not a train in the literally sense of the word...:D

7:00 – Kameido (Meiji-dori & Rte.14).
7:30 – Shinjuku Station (New South Exit, on Rte.20).
8:30 – Tsurukawa Road (Rte.19 & Tamagawa CR [See attached map, starting point]).
9:30-9:45 – Haijima Station.
10:25 – Takao Station.

Cheers,

Tom

Here's an oldie for you Tyler :eek: :

"Sure it's OK for newcomers to join us on a ride out in the mountains."

Translation: You are lured into the moutains and left in a place from where you have no idea how to ride home. One of the newcomers, Paul Jason changed his phone number and e-mail address after the ride. You might want to consider to do the same before.

(note: Paul Jason is a fictional character...)

Hello all,

I'm new to Tokyo and a bit navigationally challenged. Is anyone in central Tokyo heading to Takao from Shinjuku by train? If so, what time/train and more importantly could I tag along?

Thanks,
Tyler

Will empty a Chateauneuf-du-Pape later this evening....:eek: granted, am a little intoxicated by all the excitement and sadness surrounding MOB's departure...my system does not handle this cocktail very well.

Tom, having you been drinking already? :)

Shinjuku -> Takao morning

1) Shinjuku to Takao takes 50min more or less. Check with Google or Jourdan or your favorite train guide to the actual schedule.

2) There are trains which dont go exactly to Takao - so you better to make sure about this. Advised to get on the train that does - or you need to schlep your bike around. If you leave after the morning trains - you may have to change at Tachikawa.

3) If the weather is crappy - I'm going to take the train vs. the 'train' and will be on the platform appx 1:20 before - so I have time to slap on the wheels, roll the rinko and hit the 7-11.

Hello all,

Thanks,
Tyler

Update

....25 confirmed riders
....17 confirmed party-goers

can't wait !!!

AARON / Ride + Party
ALAN / Ride + Party
DAVID L. / Ride + Party
FUMIKI / Ride + Party
GRAHAM / Ride only
HIROSHI / Ride + Party
JAMES M. / Ride + Party
JEROME / only Party (?)
KEREN / Ride + Party
KIMM / Ride only
LEE / Ride only
LUDWIG / Ride + Party
MARIKO / only Party (?)
MICHAEL H. / Ride + Party
MIKE / Ride + Party
MOB / Ride + Party
NAOMI / Ride + Party
PETER / Ride only
PHILIP / Ride only
RYOKO / only Party (?)
SERGEY / Ride only
STEVE / Ride only
THOMAS / Ride + Party
TIM / Ride + Party
TOM / Ride + Party
TRAD / Ride only
TRAVIS / Ride + Party
TYLER / Ride only (?) new
YAIR / Ride + Party

Here is a little game for tomorrow (MOB's proposal):

Why don't we make a "real" time trial at Wada? We take two pairs of stopwatches, one stays down, one goes up with two riders (who don't compete). Then we start the TT in the order of start numbers, every 10 or 20 seconds one single rider.
The two guys on the top note the time and calculate the final ranking.

Everybody pays 500 Yen, we take bets on the fastest time. The fastest rider and the one who guessed closest to the actual best time will get each half of the money.

* Directeur James...don't forget them stopwatches....

Note that this event was upgraded to "OFFICIAL TCC TOUR"...go get some of them wolf marks!! or camels whatever...

Count Me In

Count me in for the ride only. I'll be on the train with you all from shinjuku. Ready to crush wada with my fixie!!

crush or get crushed !

Welcome James F.....you gotta love them fixies....crush or get crushed :D

....26 confirmed riders
....17 confirmed party-goers

can't wait !!!

AARON / Ride + Party
ALAN / Ride + Party
DAVID L. / Ride + Party
FUMIKI / Ride + Party
GRAHAM / Ride only
HIROSHI / Ride + Party
JAMES M. / Ride + Party
JAMES F. / Ride only new
JEROME / only Party (?)
KEREN / Ride + Party
KIMM / Ride only
LEE / Ride only
LUDWIG / Ride + Party
MARIKO / only Party (?)
MICHAEL H. / Ride + Party
MIKE / Ride + Party
MOB / Ride + Party
NAOMI / Ride + Party
PETER / Ride only
PHILIP / Ride only
RYOKO / only Party (?)
SERGEY / Ride only
STEVE / Ride only
THOMAS / Ride + Party
TIM / Ride + Party
TOM / Ride + Party
TRAD / Ride only
TRAVIS / Ride + Party
TYLER / Ride only (?) new
YAIR / Ride + Party

Here is a little game for tomorrow (MOB's proposal):

Why don't we make a "real" time trial at Wada? We take two pairs of stopwatches, one stays down, one goes up with two riders (who don't compete). Then we start the TT in the order of start numbers, every 10 or 20 seconds one single rider.
The two guys on the top note the time and calculate the final ranking.

Everybody pays 500 Yen, we take bets on the fastest time. The fastest rider and the one who guessed closest to the actual best time will get each half of the money

* Directeur James...don't forget them stopwatches....

Note that this event was upgraded to "OFFICIAL TCC TOUR"...go get some of them wolf marks!! or camels whatever...

Count me in for the ride only. I'll be on the train with you all from shinjuku. Ready to crush wada with my fixie!!

Haijima...

Just wondering, how many of you will be catching the train to HAIJIMA, to leave your bike-bags at the station there, instead of Takao?
Haijima station is less than 1km from where we will end up in the afternoon.
The train from Shinjuku leaves from platform 7, at 8:47.
http://www.jreast-timetable.jp/1005/train/140/144122.html
And gets in to Haijima at 9:30.

I'm just wondering if our "river" group should wait for anyone coming to Haijima, for the (13km) ride to Takao.
We'll be leaving at 9:45, at the latest - Hopefully earlier, if we know we have everybody.
Travis

MOB Sayonara ride

Tom,

That sounds like a great ride. I'm new to Tokyo (arrived this week) and living in Shinagawa. I haven't been out on the bike yet but am very keen to, so is there a chance to join your ride tomorrow? If so, would you be able to link me a map from Shinagawa station to your start point.

Cheers.

Shinagawa - Shinjuku

Tom,
That sounds like a great ride. I'm new to Tokyo (arrived this week) and living in Shinagawa. I haven't been out on the bike yet but am very keen to, so is there a chance to join your ride tomorrow? If so, would you be able to link me a map from Shinagawa station to your start point.
Cheers.

Hey Turtle,
It's about 10km from Shinagawa to Shinjuku, and it's easy to find once you're on Meiji-dori. Meiji-dori is not the most bicycle friendly road, but it's the most direct, coming from where you are.
Here's the map:
http://www.mapmyrun.com/route/jp/tokyo/382127202619042081

We'll be leaving from Shinjuku at 7:30.
Hope to see you there.
Travis (Filling in for Tom:cool:)

Back
Top Bottom