What's new

Michael o.B. Kraehe aka MOB SAYONARA RIDE

>Mike
In my case, I'll bring my Rinko bag to Takao station and put them all in coin locker there. But because of we're not coming back to Takao station, I'll back this station myself after our ride.(I'm join this ride with 'Ride only')

Kimm, I'll probably go to Musashi Itsukaichi station (is this the right spelling?) as it seems to be the closest to the start and finish of the ride. Please corect me if I'm wrong....is there where everynone is going?

Commuters & Baggers!

This is for anyone who wants to ride all the way out, but doesn't want to ride all the way back.

In other words, what to do with your bike-bag (rinko-bukuro), if we're starting in one place, and finishing in another?

How about this? For those riding out along Tamagawa – which means most people coming from east of Fuchu – we can continue up to Haijima, where the party will be, and drop off any luggage in the coin-lockers there.

*Note: This only adds 12-13km to the total distance, so it's not really that far out of the way. Here's the map:
http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/japan/-tamagawa-cr/929127182103650610

>Mike: If you want to use your "heavy-duty" bike bag, then you might be better off catching the train to Haijima, instead of Takao. We'll be leaving Haijima at 9:45 at the latest.
If you're interested, this is where we'll be:

7:00 – Kameido (Meiji-dori & Rte.14).
7:30 – Shinjuku Station (New South Exit, on Rte.20).
8:30 – Tsurukawa Road (Rte.19 & Tamagawa CR [See attached map, starting point]).
9:30-9:45 – Haijima Station.
10:25 – Takao Station.

Please let me know if this is what you want to do. Otherwise, I can sleep in an extra 30 minutes, and just ride straight to Takao without going past Haijima.

Rubber Down!
Travis

Good for me

Hi Travis,

Sounds good, so please count me in on this. I will meet you at Shinjuku eki at 07:30.

Thanks!

K

This is for anyone who wants to ride all the way out, but doesn't want to ride all the way back.

In other words, what to do with your bike-bag (rinko-bukuro), if we're starting in one place, and finishing in another?

How about this? For those riding out along Tamagawa – which means most people coming from east of Fuchu – we can continue up to Haijima, where the party will be, and drop off any luggage in the coin-lockers there.

*Note: This only adds 12-13km to the total distance, so it's not really that far out of the way. Here's the map:
http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/japan/-tamagawa-cr/929127182103650610

>Mike: If you want to use your "heavy-duty" bike bag, then you might be better off catching the train to Haijima, instead of Takao. We'll be leaving Haijima at 9:45 at the latest.
If you're interested, this is where we'll be:

7:00 – Kameido (Meiji-dori & Rte.14).
7:30 – Shinjuku Station (New South Exit, on Rte.20).
8:30 – Tsurukawa Road (Rte.19 & Tamagawa CR [See attached map, starting point]).
9:30-9:45 – Haijima Station.
10:25 – Takao Station.

Please let me know if this is what you want to do. Otherwise, I can sleep in an extra 30 minutes, and just ride straight to Takao without going past Haijima.

Rubber Down!
Travis

Thanks

for the logistics assistance Travis :) ! Much appreciated.

I will be riding out all the way ..... anyone want to meet at the Tamagawara Bashi?

Cancellation deadline

Sorry for having to bring up this subject...:eek: for the party-goers - in case you are not 100% sure...the deadline for cancelling is tomorrow noon. Dotakyan people cancelling at the last minute will be asked to pay (5,000 yen) on a later day following the event :(.

UPDATE

signed up so far...sorry, Full House for Party !!!

ALAN / Ride + Party
DAVID L. / Ride + Party
FUMIKI / Ride + Party
GRAHAM / Ride only
HIROSHI / Ride + Party
JAMES K. / Ride + Party
JAMES M. / Ride + Party
JEROME / only Party
KEREN / Ride + Party
KIMM / Ride only
LEE / Ride only
LUBOS / Ride only
LUDWIG / Ride + Party
MARIKO / only Party
MICHAEL H. / Ride + Party
MIKE / Ride + Party
MOB / Ride + Party
NAOMI / Ride + Party
RYOKO / Party ??→please confirm ASAP
SERGEY / Ride only
STEVE / Ride only
THOMAS / Ride + Party
TIM / Ride + Party
TOM / Ride + Party
TRAVIS / Ride + Party
YAIR / Ride + Party

Just curious - what speaks against getting a portable bike bag? The larger ones fit into a bottle-holder, and there are smaller ones that can be carried easily in a back pocket, along with plenty of other stuff. And they don't need to be expensive - e.g. this one which I just bought and tried out today for the first time:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/タイオガ-EZ-ラップ-輪行袋/dp/B001V7HBDU

Carrying your bike bag with you gives you a lot of freedom - you bail out any time, almost anywhere. It's like a parachute. Just much, much lighter and smaller.

Thanks to this great invention, I rarely return to the same place I started out from, and if I do, it is home (but nonetheless with the parachute all the time with me).

Cheers, Ludwig

I will be riding out all the way ..... anyone want to meet at the Tamagawara Bashi?

Sure, let's meet there at 9am, so we have time to rest at Takao before continuing at 10:30.

Others welcome to join.

Cheers, Ludwig

Hi Tom,

Have not ridden my bike since September :eek: Signed-up for a race in September 2010 and have Travis' Sea to Summit (to win) in August. So I'm back in training starting Saturday. Will join MOB's last ride and look forward to catching-up with everyone :)

Looks like there will be over 27 riders. That would be classified as an illegal demonstration in certain countries. Should be fun . . .

Cheers,

Philip

PS - does anyone know where I can park my hard case :rolleyes:

I'm back?

Last time I said "I'm back" was a year ago in Chiba. That ride caused a relapse of the bends that had me in pain for months.

After gradual recovery followed by a very bad crash in August (lost a lot of skin and damaged a lot of muscle - was wrapped up like a mummy for weeks) and another round of the bends in January, I am finally on the road to recovery???

Anyway the slow transit between hill climbs promise is enough to pull me out of the woodwork.

I will attempt the ride and if there are any cancellations would love to attempt the party as well...

Thanks for organising the ride Tom , sorry have not been able to join rides over the winter as I've been mixing my sports and only riding out from Yokohama west into the low hills to avoid icey conditions on the bike . But will be joining the ride on saturday

thanks Peter

update...

Thanks, Philip, Peter and Aaron for joining....huge gathering of the clans :)!!

* Aaron, I added + Party tentatively...in case there are dotakyans :(...

* People who think they might have to drop out for whatever reason :eek:, please let me know so as much as possible by noon today. Thanks! (dotakyan people will be asked to pay me on a later date, sorry...)

* To be able to focus on the 2 races and emerge victorious :D, I would like to collect each person's party fee (5,000 yen) before we tear up the road, i.e. @ 10:30 at the Takao Seven-Eleven rendezvous. Please bring along 5,000 yen bills as much as possible...this will make things a bit easier. Thanks!!

AARON / Ride (+ Party?)
ALAN / Ride + Party
DAVID L. / Ride + Party
FUMIKI / Ride + Party
GRAHAM / Ride only
HIROSHI / Ride + Party
JAMES M. / Ride + Party
JEROME / only Party (?)
KEREN / Ride + Party
KIMM / Ride only
LEE / Ride only
LUBOS / Ride only
LUDWIG / Ride + Party
MARIKO / only Party
MIKE / Ride + Party
MOB / Ride + Party
NAOMI / Ride + Party
PETER / Ride only
PHILIP / Ride only
RYOKO / only Party (?)
SERGEY / Ride only
STEVE / Ride only
THOMAS / Ride + Party
TIM / Ride + Party
TOM / Ride + Party
TRAVIS / Ride + Party
YAIR / Ride + Party

Sure, let's meet there at 9am, so we have time to rest at Takao before continuing at 10:30.

Others welcome to join.

Cheers, Ludwig

Ludwidg..... awesome see you there! In full PE regal attire!

Other Positivo Riders..... May I suggest we all try and wear the full kit on Saturday as it would be great to get a going away photo for Michael!

inebriated cyclists...

A word of caution if I may...:eek:

Similarly to MOB's country where inebriated cyclists could even face an automobile driving ban, drunken cycling in this country is a punishable offense (Road Traffic Article No. 65) by imprisonment of 5 years or less and/or paying a fine of 1,000,000 yen....

Thankfully, the two-hour nomihodai session is not limited to alcohol alone...one may also enjoy as many soft drinks as one can drink....:heyhey:
25tu7py.jpg

(a little bit of Tamajiman beer won't hurt though and may - in some people - even produce the kind of high-octane ride Travis and I once enjoyed...might be worth trying out the effect of sake too, or some other mixture :eek:)

Oh, and don't forget to bring your lights...

Thanks, Philip, Peter and Aaron for joining....huge gathering of the clans :)!!

* Aaron, I added + Party tentatively...in case there are dotakyans :(...

* People who think they might have to drop out for whatever reason :eek:, please let me know so as much as possible by noon today. Thanks! (dotakyan people will be asked to pay me on a later date, sorry...)

* To be able to focus on the 2 races and emerge victorious :D, I would like to collect each person's party fee (5,000 yen) before we tear up the road, i.e. @ 10:30 at the Takao Seven-Eleven rendezvous. Please bring along 5,000 yen bills as much as possible...this will make things a bit easier. Thanks!!

AARON / Ride (+ Party?)
ALAN / Ride + Party
DAVID L. / Ride + Party
FUMIKI / Ride + Party
GRAHAM / Ride only
HIROSHI / Ride + Party
JAMES M. / Ride + Party
JEROME / only Party (?)
KEREN / Ride + Party
KIMM / Ride only
LEE / Ride only
LUBOS / Ride only
LUDWIG / Ride + Party
MARIKO / only Party
MIKE / Ride + Party
MOB / Ride + Party
NAOMI / Ride + Party
PETER / Ride only
PHILIP / Ride only
RYOKO / only Party (?)
SERGEY / Ride only
STEVE / Ride only
THOMAS / Ride + Party
TIM / Ride + Party
TOM / Ride + Party
TRAVIS / Ride + Party
YAIR / Ride + Party

Travis, thanks for the info. I think it'll be easiest for me to go by train to takao as I have a nice lightweight rinko now:D Kimm, see you there mate.

Thankfully, the two-hour nomihodai session is not limited to alcohol alone...one may also enjoy as many soft drinks as one can drink....:heyhey:

I don't want to forego the locally brewed beer, so am planning to take the train home from Haijima, which is nearby and offers convenient connections.

After gradual recovery followed by a very bad crash in August (lost a lot of skin and damaged a lot of muscle - was wrapped up like a mummy for weeks) and another round of the bends in January, I am finally on the road to recovery???

Sheesh, Aaron, that sounds like really bad cycling year. I thought my 2-month layoff for a measly collar bone was "epic." Hope you're better now.

Last time I said "I'm back" was a year ago in Chiba. That ride caused a relapse of the bends that had me in pain for months.

Aaron, it's so good to hear from you! I thought you had given up on cycling. :D

I'm glad to hear you have recovered, looking forward to riding with you on Saturday!

Back
Top Bottom