What's new

Michael o.B. Kraehe aka MOB SAYONARA RIDE

Hope

you can join Peter! For the ride...there is no limit :) ! (only for the party at Tamajiman the max number of people is fixed at 20...:warau:)

Not sure if I can make it either... may be out of the country...will know in a week or 2.

Add me on - and yes, I'll be on a Fixie . I've got 40x20 now for my 'hill set' which is much better than the 47x15 I was trying to push in Chiba. Downhills are more troublesome, actually. I'll carry some spare chain links so I can flip flop to the 52x15 for downhill.

40X20 on WADA ??

:confused:

...you must be kidding :D

Most of us go up Wada in 36X25 or smaller gear ratios and many of us still need to unclip en route to the top...Wada is not just a hill ! Tim, have you been there before? I strongly recommend you do some fieldwork first and try out this 40X20 "hill set" on WADA prior to this event. And yes, it are the downhill parts that might put you into (serious) trouble :eek:.!!!

Swapping your cogs mid-ride sounds time-consuming & cumbersome (if you take a good look at the course map, you will notice that there are plenty of ups and downs) and may unnecessarily drag down the pace of our group as we head towards our final destination:beer:

PS: Saw your AKAMATSU on your blog....that's a beauty...real cool :cool:!!

Add me on - and yes, I'll be on a Fixie . I've got 40x20 now for my 'hill set' which is much better than the 47x15 I was trying to push in Chiba. Downhills are more troublesome, actually. I'll carry some spare chain links so I can flip flop to the 52x15 for downhill.

Is this the Wada you're talking about ??

Went out for a Takao explore loop - followed a few riders near to fujino - then headed up into the hills for a reasonably stiff climb over a pass. When I got to the bottom I saw this sign (pointing to where I came from) Is this the Wada pass you guys are referring to?

http://www.roadfixie.com/archives/201

Anyway - 46/15 was too high for me and I swapped to my 'go-to hill cog' of 46/20. That was much better. My guess is the 40/20 would be sustainable if the pitches are no worse than this hill for any length of time. But a little slow (spun out) for the flats and downs.

:confused:

...you must be kidding :D

Most of us go up Wada in 36X25 or smaller gear ratios and many of us still need to unclip en route to the top...Wada is not just a hill ! Tim, have you been there before? I strongly recommend you do some fieldwork first and try out this 40X20 "hill set" on WADA prior to this event. And yes, it are the downhill parts that might put you into (serious) trouble :eek:.!!!

Swapping your cogs mid-ride sounds time-consuming & cumbersome (if you take a good look at the course map, you will otice that there are plenty of ups and downs) and may unnecessarily drag down the pace of our group as we head towards our final destination:beer:

PS: Saw your AKAMATSU on your blog....that's a beauty...real cool :cool:!!

Yes, you went up Wada from the other side which is not quite a steep, but still pretty impressive. My guess is if you made it up the other side, you might as well make it up from the east.

Looking forward to seeing you in action!

Cheers, Ludwig

"RIDE PROGRAM :cool:"

From Takao, the plan is to do a slow approach to the foot of Wada and then organize - in good PE/TCC tradition - a little hillclimb race :bike:.
another little hillclimb race :bike:this time up to the first Kobu Tunnel.

Tom-san,
race?:eek::eek:, races??:eek::eek::eek:
Don't forget to wait for me, PLEASE:confused:

Naomi

No worries!

Naomi-san...after each "race," we will wait for the last "contestant" to arrive (1. Top of Wada /2. Entrance of Kobu Tunnel). This should give everyone a chance to chitchat with MOB (provided he isn't the one carrying the red lantern). Once we are all assembled again, we then proceed to our next destination....:beer1:

Anyways, the little hills are cookie-cut for an agile climbster like you :no1: !

Tom-san,

Naomi

Tom-san,

Naomi

Don't worry Im sure I will be following you up like i did at the Tour Du West Side!

...I'll carry some spare chain links so I can flip flop to the 52x15 for downhill...

If only there was some, I don't know, mechanism to automate this process.....an ingenious person could even devise a control lever attached to the bicycle allowing it to be changed on the move. Oh, wait, hang on a minute.......

Just playing with ya :D

If only there was some, I don't know, mechanism to automate this process.....an ingenious person could even devise a control lever attached to the bicycle allowing it to be changed on the move.

You wacky engineers and your pie-in-the-sky ideas; I suppose you'll be telling us next we could use electronics to do the same thing, too...

...update

signed up so far...

ALAN / Ride + Party
DAVID L. / Ride + Party
DOMINIC / Ride + Party
FUMIKI / Ride + Party
HIROSHI / Ride + Party
JAMES M. / Ride + Party
KEREN / Ride + Party
LEE / Ride only
LUDWIG / Ride + Party
MARIKO / Party only
MICHAEL L. / Ride + Party
MOB / Ride + Party
NAOMI / Ride + Party
PHIL / Ride + Party
SERGEY / Ride only
STEVE / Ride only
THOMAS / Ride + Party
TIM / Ride + Party
TOM / Ride + Party
TRAVIS / Ride + Party
YAIR / Ride + Party

Count me in!

Hey Tom,
I will be there too, for the ride and party.
Thanks for organizing!
T

The Golden Ratio

Haha! I somehow remember those things, buried in the sand along with the Statue of Liberty. I'm currently hoping for some convergence of training and gearing known as the 'Golden Ratio'. 5 more trips in the hills should get me a little closer (and a couple of kg lighter) - then the pesky cog swap won't be required, only convenient.

If only there was some, I don't know, mechanism to automate this process.....an ingenious person could even devise a control lever attached to the bicycle allowing it to be changed on the move. Oh, wait, hang on a minute.......

Just playing with ya :D

update

signed up so far... (only 1 moreTamajiman party seat left...FULL HOUSE:D)

ALAN / Ride + Party
DAVID L. / Ride + Party
DOMINIC / Ride + Party
FUMIKI / Ride + Party
HIROSHI / Ride + Party
JAMES K. / Ride + Party
JAMES M. / Ride + Party
KEREN / Ride + Party
LEE / Ride only
LUBOS / Ride only
LUDWIG / Ride + Party
MARIKO / Party only
MICHAEL L. / Ride + Party
MIKE / Ride + Party
MOB / Ride + Party
NAOMI / Ride + Party
PHIL / Ride + Party
SERGEY / Ride only
STEVE / Ride only
THOMAS / Ride + Party
TIM / Ride + Party
TOM / Ride + Party
TRAVIS / Ride + Party
YAIR / Ride + Party

Tom, can you put me down for the ride and party. The only question I have is where is the best station to leave my rinko. The one I will use is heavy duty and cannot be rolled up meaning I cannot ride with it, so I want to stash it in a station locker:confused:

Tom, can you put me down for the ride and party. The only question I have is where is the best station to leave my rinko. The one I will use is heavy duty and cannot be rolled up meaning I cannot ride with it, so I want to stash it in a station locker:confused:

Welcome Mike...I've added you for the party as well. Rinko...station locker...I'm afraid you're asking the wrong person :D but I'm sure somebody can help you out...

update

signed up so far...sorry, Full House for Party !!!

Weather is looking fine for Saturday :)

ALAN / Ride + Party
DAVID L. / Ride + Party
FUMIKI / Ride + Party
HIROSHI / Ride + Party
JAMES K. / Ride + Party
JAMES M. / Ride + Party
JEROME / only Party
KEREN / Ride + Party
KIMM / Ride only
LEE / Ride only
LUBOS / Ride only