Michael o.B. Kraehe aka MOB SAYONARA RIDE

TOM

Maximum Pace
Apr 9, 2007
MOB SAYONARA RIDE

MOB SAYONARA RIDE

Time: Saturday, April 24, 2010 at 10:30

RdV: Takao 7/11

Ride: Tamasai -> Takao -> Wada -> Yuzurihara golf courses -> Kobu Tunnels -> Hinohara Hwy -> Itsukaichi -> Tamajiman (Fussa) -> Tamasai

Type: Leisurely-paced ride featuring two "mini" hillclimb races - nobody to be left behind.

Route: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/18120550

Party: Dinner at "Fussa no Birugoya" Tamajiman aka Ishikawa Brewery
http://www.tamajiman.com/english/index.html

Reservations for the Party at Tamajiman must be made well in advance...the more souls the more fun:D!
Budget per person is ¥5,000:beer2: .

Those attending please drop TOM a line by the end of this March - indicating : Ride + Party / Ride only or Party only. Thanks!

MOB's April 24 Sayonara Ride to feature 2 hillclimb races!

MOB SAYONARA RIDE

Time: Saturday, April 24, 2010
Ride: Tamasai -> Takao -> Wada -> Yuzurihara golf courses -> Kobu Tunnels -> Hinohara Hwy -> Itsukaichi -> Tamajiman (Fussa) -> Tamasai
Type: Leisurely-paced ride, no race just cycling.
Route: http://connect.garmin.com/activity/18120550
Party: Dinner at "Fussa no Birugoya" Tamajiman aka Ishikawa Brewery
http://www.tamajiman.com/english/index.html

Departure times, party time and other details will follow soon.
Reservations for the Party at Tamajiman must be made well in advance...the more souls the more fun:D!
Nomihodai 2-hour course of ¥5,000:beer2: .
Those attending please drop TOM a line by the end of this March. Thanks.

"RIDE PROGRAM :cool:"

Saturday April 24th at 10:30 : RdV...everybody assemble at the Takao 7/11

From Takao, the plan is to do a slow approach to the foot of Wada and then organize - in good PE/TCC tradition - a little hillclimb race :bike:.

Following this race, we will slowly ride together again as one group doing the Yuzurihara/Hinohara golf courses readying ourselves for another little hillclimb race :bike:this time up to the first Kobu Tunnel.

We then again wait until the last rider arrives and proceed slowly in group to Tamajiman (arrival time 16:00?) for the party to start.

FAMOUS MOB QUOTE #1:

"Sure it's OK for newcomers to join us on a ride out in the mountains."

Translation: You are lured into the moutains and left in a place from where you have no idea how to ride home. One of the newcomers, Paul Jason changed his phone number and e-mail address after the ride. You might want to consider to do the same before.

For MOB this will - most probably - be his last :(chance to ride with his many buddies from PE & TCC before he leaves on his new professorial mission. Let's give him an unforgettable send-off :angel:!

As I told you earlier, very sorry to see you go, Michael!

Not sure if the shoulder will mend in time to make this, but will try to be there...

Thanks for the POST-IT & UPGRADE !!!

"Stuck" and upgraded to an Official TCC Tour. :)

The MOB SAYONARA RIDE is slowly growing into a mighty gathering of the clans :heyhey: !!!

Those participating drop TOM a PM by the end of this month as much as possible (must make reservations) indicating RIDE & PARTY / RIDE ONLY or PARTY ONLY. Thanks.

List of Participants will be updated daily on Positivo Espresso's blog.

(Phil, I've already added you - keep working on that shoulder ;))

Gathering of the Clans on Wada

signed up so far...

DOMINIC / Ride + Party
HIROSHI / Ride + Party
MOB / Ride + Party
PHIL / Ride + Party
THOMAS / Ride + Party
TOM / Ride + Party
YAIR / Ride + Party

FAMOUS MOB QUOTE #2

"This is the last hill."

Translation: Expect at least five similar climbs on the remainder of the ride, although unless the speaker has a very short memory, is intentionally misleading you, or just has a warped sense of perception, each upward slope can be somehow distinguished from that "last hill", as follows:

--you do not actually go over a "pass" before heading downward again;
--the steep part is only a few kilometers long;
--it is not a hill, just a series of "steep rollers" stacked near each other, so even though you climb a thousand meters with a 10%+ average grade, you end up only 150 meters higher than you started, etc., etc.

But the most likely explanations are that the speaker is intentionally misleading you, if a racer, or suffering from warped perception, if a long or ultra-long distance cyclist.

I am prepared this time with the appropriate set of cogs, spare tires and handbook to read sticks left in the road for directions...

April 24 - small program changes

During the past few days, I received quite a few valuable comments...one being that the Party participation fee is a bit on the high side (having added caviar to the menu was my mistake :warau:) while a few people also did not like the idea of having to cycle home from Tamajiman after dark has set in.

Accordingly, I have taken the liberty and wish to inform all of you that :

(1) Starting time from the Takao 7/11 has been moved up by 1 hour and a half 12:00 → 10:30

(2) Arrival time at Tamajiman should therefore be before 16:00.

(3) I have "negotiated" a Yen 5,000 per person two-hour NOMIHODAI
(!:beer: beer/jizake/softdrinks all-you-can-drink-course including food (six different dishes!). ..

NOTE: Cancellation valid up to April 21 (Wed). "Last-minute DOTAKYAN" :( must pay...

Hope especially for MOB too that there will be a big turnout... :angel::beer1: and that we will be blessed with weather like today (a little bit less windy).

I am prepared this time with the appropriate set of cogs, spare tires and handbook to read sticks left in the road for directions...

Most important will be gears... You will not make up Wada with a fixie. It's already very tough with a 34-27 ratio.

Awesome!

Chapeau to those who conquer Wada on a fixie :D!
GSAstuto...can/should I add you to the list of the Party-goers too? (Yen 5,000 nomihodai all you can drink...)

I second Ludwig's warning about Wada (North?) on a fixie. You might make faster progress pushing the bike up ~ especially the nasty bit at the end.

However, if you do make it ... kudos to you!

Michael Hancock was also riding it without a compact crankset also before he got his new bling.

SIGNED UP SO FAR...

signed up so far...:eek:

ALAN / Ride + Party
DAVID L. / Ride + Party
DOMINIC / Ride + Party
FUMIKI / Ride + Party
HIROSHI / Ride + Party
LUDWIG / Ride + Party
MICHAEL L. / Ride + Party
MOB / Ride + Party
NAOMI / Ride + Party
PHIL / Ride + Party
SERGEY / Ride only
THOMAS / Ride + Party
TOM / Ride + Party
YAIR / Ride + Party

Can't make it!

Wish I could join! Will be doing the Oxfam trailwalker that weekend. 100km/2 days. For charity if anyone wants to sponsor me!

Update....

signed up so far...
ALAN / Ride + Party
DAVID L. / Ride + Party
DOMINIC / Ride + Party
FUMIKI / Ride + Party
HIROSHI / Ride + Party
JAMES M. / Ride + Party
KEREN / Ride + Party
LEE / Ride only
LUDWIG / Ride + Party
MARIKO / Party only
MICHAEL L. / Ride + Party
MOB / Ride + Party
NAOMI / Ride + Party
PHIL / Ride + Party (provided the collarbone heals in time!:thumb:)
SERGEY / Ride only
THOMAS / Ride + Party
TIM / Ride + Party
TOM / Ride + Party
YAIR / Ride + Party

Back
Top Bottom