What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Sold! Merlin Extralight frame, fork, headset

devnull

Cruising
Aug 14, 2013
I'm parting my drop dead gorgeous Titanium Merlin Extralight. While I love this bike I don't get to ride it that much if at all, I'm more into my steel tourer. I will be in Tokyo next week (Sunday Aug 18) near Ueno. What's for sale is just the frame/fork/headset; I'm saving the components to build my daughter a road bike next year. Still, if somebody wants to make me a reasonable offer for the whole bike I'm all ears.

The frame was a 2000 NOS built in April of 2006 by Bici Bikes in San Jose, CA.The bare 3/2.5 titanium frame weighs 1219 grams.This frame was made when Merlin was still in Cambridge, Massachusetts. The frame is considered a size 53 with a TT of 54.5 cm (c-c).The wheel base is 97 cm. The chain stays are 40.5 cm. The head tube is 105 mm/ The stand over height is 78 cm (see pic). The frame even has a cool little titanium chain holder welded on the drive-side seat stay. It has around 5100 miles on it, mostly around Aomori-ken. Never raced and treated like a lady, no significant scratches, no dents.The fork is a Reynolds Ouzo Pro carbon, rake 45 as recommended by Tom Kellog himself.

A current extralight frame and fork would set you back 345,000yen, or you could have this for a third of that price, 115,000 yen. It handles like a dream, accelerates instantly and the slightly longer top tube adds just the right amount of comfort for long days on the saddle.

The complete bike is sporting the following:

Mavic Ksyrium SL wheelset.

Chris King headset with two spacers.

Shimano Dura Ace 7800 shifters

Shimano Dura Ace 7800 brakes

Shimano Dura Ace 7800 Crank size 53-39 172.5 crank arms

Shimano Dura Ace 7800 bottom bracket

Shimano Dura Ace 7800 short cage rear derailleur

Shimano Dura Ace 7800 front derailleur (double)

Shimano Dura Ace 7800 11-28 cassette

Shimano Dura Ace 7800 chain

Shimano Flight Deck SC-6502 wireless computer

Thompson X2 stem 90mm

Deda Newton Supernatural handlebars size 42 (o-o)

Thompson Elite seat post

Fizik Aliante saddle

Crudd racing bike fenders, front is just not mounted.

DSC00414.JPGDSC00415.JPGDSC00416.JPGDSC00417.JPGDSC00418.JPGDSC00419.JPGDSC00423.JPGDSC00426.JPG

Don't want to disturb, but you forgot to mention, that this is one of the lightest titanium frames ever produced. Recommended

I'm talking to a guy that I think is about to pull the trigger on the frame.

Plus my daughter already called dibs on the components. She wants a road bike.

Finally got around putting this on ebay. Two questions within the hour and sold overnight. I'm really going to miss this bike :'(

You must have mixed feelings after getting rid of such a lovely bike.
It was too small for me but I hope you use the proceeds well!

Back
Top Bottom