What's new

Mental and physical motivation for morning rides.

I've set up a group ride tomorrow morning... at like 4 AM... lol I made it to one on a Saturday a while back, but a weekday is a first.
Hope you woke up early! If not time to get up (you're actually very late for the ride).

I simply love riding and morning ride is a pice of happiness for me, so there's absolutely no refrain.
On the other side I see no point on rides starting from 4 AM or like that; one hour of good rest is more important than 30 kilometers done in this hour with exhausted body.

You seem to miss the point that those of us whom are getting up at 4am have made changes in our lifestyles that enable us to wake up at this time refreshed and ready to go.

I decided I'd rather try to go ride at six thirty or so...in just a minute.... hehehe

You seem to miss the point that those of us whom are getting up at 4am have made changes in our lifestyles that enable us to wake up at this time refreshed and ready to go.

I understand it very well, but being a successful salaryman and nice husband and live that cool lifestyle when you can sleep really early is nor easy nor useful.

Not really sure what you are saying there Kumachan, but all I can say is that it takes sacrifice to do something you really enjoy and like I said in my original post it all comes down to what you see as important or following a path that enables you do the things you are passionate about.

I could bitch and moan about the things I can and can't do, but I chose a path and stuck to it, I'm successful in both my professional working life as well as my racing and the most important thing of all is that I don't regret a moment of it.

Enjoy what you can and change what you don't.

It's been a week and I still haven't got my ass out of bed in the mornings since the 2nd.

But...you know...tiny excuses. My jersey isn't totally dry yet (the horror!), I don't a spare tube (got stranded the other day with a pinhole leak since I forgot to take a second CO2 cartridge and decided to repair the tube after filling the first one), it's too cold (still don't have proper cold-weather gear), it's raining...

But I've got some warmers and a pack of tubes coming, so at least I'll have those "problems" out of the way.

I actually tried it on my last ride (when I got stranded) and it only tracked 0.2 miles out of a 5-mile ride, although I think it was in running mode...

I have never had any luck with patches for road tires. Huh, I figured they made something like tire boots for fixing blowouts...

Those patches are for tubes. I have fixed my tubes many many times with those patches, a bit of sandpaper, and vulcanizing glue (including light-weight 50 g inner tubes). You may just need to refine your technique? I also carry a tire boot on 100% of my rides.

Sorry that is all pretty pathetic. Especially the missing winter gear excuse. Mornings are all now full summer kit no ned for any cold weather gear.

It's been a week and I still haven't got my ass out of bed in the mornings since the 2nd.

But...you know...tiny excuses. My jersey isn't totally dry yet (the horror!), I don't a spare tube (got stranded the other day with a pinhole leak since I forgot to take a second CO2 cartridge and decided to repair the tube after filling the first one), it's too cold (still don't have proper cold-weather gear), it's raining...

But I've got some warmers and a pack of tubes coming, so at least I'll have those "problems" out of the way.

Those patches are for tubes. I have fixed my tubes many many times with those patches, a bit of sandpaper, and vulcanizing glue (including light-weight 50 g inner tubes). You may just need to refine your technique? I also carry a tire boot on 100% of my rides.

That's what I meant, tubes in road tires. I haven't tried using a proper glue-on patch since I just assumed high-pressure road tubes had to be replaced. I'll give it a try on the three or four bad tubes I have....

Blob, I know they're pathetic excuses :) But in my defense I'm in Tohoku, and its still really cold in the mornings.

I tried some Home Center patches and the tubes seem to hold air outside of the tire, although I have yet to see if they will hold 120+ PSI inside of a tire. The patches are actually too big so I trimmed them down a little. The instructions actually said to hit the patches with a hammer...lol, wut?

I finally remembered to turn Strava on before going for a ride. I didn't burn as many calories as I would have though...only 1,300. Hehe.

In that case, may as well just cut up an old inner tube for patches. The cut edges may catch on the rim or inside of the type and be ripped off.

How would old inner tubes stick to dried rubber cement?... Or should you use cement on both sides?

On another note, the cycling road I ride on had "TTs" for each section that were apparently created by one guy... I MUST BEAT HIMMMMMM.

Back
Top Bottom