What's new

Media for training section

onm

Sep 2, 2009
Alright,

So, I have managed to integrate SoundCloud embedding on the site, because I am a genius.

This got me thinking back to something suggested ages ago, regarding the hosting / sharing of mixes to train to.

Well, now we have this fancy new site, and everyone is on wifi / mobiles / tablets / mad-fast-mega-rigs, how about we make a new section where people can post mixes / playlists of music they listen to whilst training, that others might want to listen to, and search through by type?

I envision it to be like a one stop shop for something to listen to, which others have shared, whilst training, instead of bothering to line stuff up for yourself.

What do you think?

I would like this.

There are those among cyclists who deem the listening to of anything other than the sound of their pristine machine and that of "the nature" as sacrilege. I am not one of them, though I do appreciate both sides of the argument.

This brings me to another point; can the new kit have a hole fore ear/headphones? Even if people don't want music there are so many training partners out there now for use with smartphones that prompt intervals, give speed, distance, heart rate, cadence, time feedback. Many of the items I have posses these holes and I love holes.

Owen, you are a genius.

I wonder: in what way might your suggestion not be illegal? Do we just post lists of tracks?

Musashi13; stay on topic for the love of god. There will be a thread about the new kit coming very shortly.

Mike; we will be linking to SoundCloud and Youtube, and piggybacking on their stringent copyright systems. We will not be hosting anything, merely linking to existing media sites.

Oh yeah...

There are those among cyclists who deem the listening to of anything other than the sound of their pristine machine and that of "the nature" as sacrilege. I am not one of them, though I do appreciate both sides of the argument.
The mixes in this section are purely for use when training in a static position, in your house, NOT whilst riding on the road.
It is illegal to ride with earphones in, whilst riding on the road, and we don't condone it (even if we do it).

I envision it to be like a one stop shop for something to listen to, which others have shared, whilst training, instead of bothering to line stuff up for yourself.

o_O my bad. I'll go and stand in the corner and face the wall.

Soundcloud is full of great mixes and playlists are easy to sort out on YouTube.

Haha, you are more than welcome to use them for whatever you want; can we put your bike in the new Classified section as a Free giveaway when you end up splatted / nicked due to riding with your earphones in?

I was listening to this on the Arakawa TT this morning. It builds nicely (actual track is 4:26 long).

Anyone have something similar to share?

Integration works fine. You need to link actual tracks and not just the artists main page.

He's got more than one mix, so just check his page out and see what you like.
These are on my ipod with special 1-earbud phones.

Thanks for posting in this thread. Good to see people using the embedding feature.

Once you have it figured out, is it easy enough to use? We are always looking for ways to fine tune the website, especially with customisations which we have made ourselves, so all feedback is useful.

Once you have it figured out, is it easy enough to use?

It's quite intuitive. I just needed one edit in posting the above link :)
The catch is one must use the "Media" button above. At least on TCC, embedding media seems to entail the "Media" button which is at least consistent. In some websites I use the "Widget code".

Thanks for the feedback. Please try pasting the link directly into the comment box. It should automatically embed the media, without the need to use the Media button.

The following was embedded by pasting directly in.

Voidloss. Nothing hits harder than this. Full on 2am downstairs in Headcharge, shirtless skinheads slamming their way through centimetre thick mitsi's, while techno-faeries dressed in neon float through the strobes magicking everyone in the zone with their glitter pheromones, as the X Y and Z axes cease to matter, and stainless steel freight trains come charging down the walls...

.gif-ting me back the .gif I .gif-ted to you, I see.

I wish I was that girl right now. Haha.

A few mixes I have been gurning my way through recently, on my trainer, whilst sitting under my aircon which amusingly is made by Mitsubishi.

article-2359516-1ABF6F4B000005DC-800_306x352.jpg

First up, a mix from my mate, and Sheffield Headcharge resident, The Driver. This guy used to light it up big time back in the late 90s (when he wasn't on HMP lockdown).

Next, a heavy set from Death Abyss, who we still don't know the real IDs of... I suspect Makaton / Voidloss, but who knows...

And last up, a mix from Makaton, the boss of Rodz Konez record label.

All three, pure heavy UK slammers.

Back
Top Bottom