What's new

Mechanic doping

TOM

Maximum Pace
Apr 9, 2007
"This video explains how mechanic doping may be done..."

Check out how Cancellara really won the Ronde van Vlaanderen and Paris-Roubaix...:rolleyes:

a hoax....or is it really real ??

"You are invited to think about it..."

The motors are real and have been used in robotics for years. hat with the leap forward in cold cell Li-po batteries in recent years (Last year alone saw some huge breakthoughs.) the power packs are small enough to pack thr punch needed to turn the cranks as shown in the video.

As for if Cancellara actually used one to win, surely everyone would have noticed the whirling motor sound coming from his frame.

Or the fact when the bikes are inspected before the race that his SRAM suddenly has Di2 controls????

But, the fact that Cancellara and the bike probably weigh around 86kg and it would require a motor with much higher outputs and thus a much larger power supply to create any reall difference. Basically these are just climb assists like seen on Japanese motorised Mama Chari.

I'm putting this down to shinanigans.

HOAX ?? Noise cancellation ??

Most probably a hoax.

Yet, at both events, he changed bikes only moments before those spooky accelerations, PLUS, he made the mysterious handlebar movements - triggering the miniblasts - when a helicopter was hovering right in the neighbourhood or where a huge crowd was cheering on de Muur...motor noise got completely "cancellaraut"..:eek::eek:

As for if Cancellara actually used one to win, surely everyone would have noticed the whirling motor sound coming from his frame.

Or the fact when the bikes are inspected before the race that his SRAM suddenly has Di2 controls????

The title of this thread confused me :confused: !

I wondered why the team mechanics would be doping? Unless they have to stay up all night readying the bikes for the next stage, in which case they might feel the need :p

I do all my bike maintenance "straight!"

Alan,

I have to come clean I never do my maintenance straight, I'm either high as a kite on caffeine through over dosing on coffee or use alcohol for the fast hydrating properties.

But everyone else does it right!

It's quite worrying to see that people would seriously think even for a moment that a tiny motor with a tiny battery concealed in a seat tube could possibly speed up a powerful professional rider. No doubt it would slow him down considerably, not only because of the extra weight, but also because the motor would not be able to adjust to the ever varying cadence and power of the rider, and thus end up breaking the power rather than enhancing it. What works for Mamachari riders who can hardly move their legs makes no sense whatsoever for professionals. It shouldn't take an engineer to understand that much.

The story was in the Herald Tribune newspaper today. They hardly had any coverage of the Giro which really pissed me off, and now they run a huge artical on this:mad: It's unfortunate that it takes a controversy like this to get cycling in the news.

sad. an epic, top 5 "most memorable grand tours" out scooped by an youtube video.

first video kills the radio, then fabricated reality TV becomes reality for millions, and now youtube outdoes one of the more memorable athletic events on all time..

Back
Top Bottom