What's new

Ride (maybe) Sunday 11th Ome Temple Loop

Half-Fast Mike

Lanterne Rouge-et-vert
May 22, 2007
I'm thinking about tentatively maybe catching the first train out to Ome again on Sunday, with a view to attempting to perhaps complete Deej's wonderful Ome Temple Loop

Why? Well it's nice and shady there in the Greenline zone. Early start means reasonably early finish. I need to be home and changed and back out at the theatre for a 17.30 curtain, or something like that.

Current plan is to get to JR Ome station at 06.00. Tank up at the 7-Eleven, and be rolling by 06.20. I could move this back a bit, if you want to come out and 'encourage' me. Not really planning a lunch break - constant munching and constant moving.

Stalk my Strava to see whether my flight times are compatible with yours, and let me know if you want to come out and play.

Sorry to hear about your incident, Mike! Hope you'll be OK again soon!

I feel like I've just gone three rounds with C. Norris Esq., but really it's just bruising, edema, hematoma, hyperextension, scrapes and embarrassment. 35 kph hard-bank pedal strike*. Crunch - cr@p! - bounce-bounce-bounce. Nothing a whisky or three won't fix.

* Yes - Doh! I clearly was not concentrating on what I was doing.

Sorry to hear about your spill, Mike. Thankfully, it sounds like you'll be riding again soon. I haven't done this lovely loop since the big group ride last year and am keen to do it again. I'll be leaving for the U.S. for about three weeks soon, returning on Sept. 1. I'll definitely be up for some Ome Temple Loop action when I get back. Hopefully we can do it together! Take care, and enjoy the whisky! -- Deej

Mike - I hope you're feeling well soon. Enjoy the whisky.

Deej - I am definitely keen for a repeat of your Oume Temple Loop ride next month.

Hi, how far is from Ikebukuro Police Station till the start of the route you published here?

Two weeks a go I went from Ikebukuro to the Temple up high a Hanno... to go and to come back I spent 10 hours (153 km), but I stop to take a lot of pictures and spent more than one hour at the Temple.

@Burg Junior, one of the easiest ways of getting distances is to consult Google Maps.

Click "Get Directions" and select either walking or driving and enter Ikebukuro station and Ome station as locations A and B. It will tell you the distance is 43 km. It may not necessarily be the best route for cycling, but it will give you a rough idea.

Back
Top Bottom