What's new

Today May 2020

I didn't know they had a pod.I'll give it a listen. I only listen to the Cycling News one. Anyone got a good recommendation for other good ones to try?
Cycling Tips have a really good one. Currently they are partnering with Rapha about the road ahead and where does modern cycling/racing stand and what needs to change.
I really don't give a toss about racing and can barely name 5 riders, most of them would be EF. The calendar, races, and importantly who is the worlds best rider are things I never understand or know. Was a good podcast.

Cycling Tips have a really good one. Currently they are partnering with Rapha about the road ahead and where does modern cycling/racing stand and what needs to change.
I really don't give a toss about racing and can barely name 5 riders, most of them would be EF. The calendar, races, and importantly who is the worlds best rider are things I never understand or know. Was a good podcast.
Thanks for the tip. I'll give that a listen too.

This morning on the trainer.... (note 'on the trainer) - I did my longest ride in terms of time & distance. I also climbed more than any 'virtual ride' I have done as well.
I also almost never eat breakfast.... I feel kinda gross right now... super weak.
2hr, 50km, 1000m, & 1400 Calories burnt.

Planning on some breakfast today.

This morning on the trainer.... (note 'on the trainer) - I did my longest ride in terms of time & distance. I also climbed more than any 'virtual ride' I have done as well.
I also almost never eat breakfast.... I feel kinda gross right now... super weak.
2hr, 50km, 1000m, & 1400 Calories burnt.

Planning on some breakfast today.
Well done! that's a big ride on all the numbers for the trainer. Several times I thought I'd go smash out a 100km ride in 3hrs but hasn't happened so far.

I think my longest ride so far is about the same at about 54km. My routine is usually to get in the trainer in the morning for an hour then eat breakfast. If I eat breakfast first then I tend to not get on the trainer until later as I end up eating my full breakfast. Balance is to have a coffee and banana, get on the trainer then afterwards have breakfast.

On the longer rides and also when I did a full gas ride for 29km I needed to eat something midway. When we all do our big rides were all munching on stuff along the way but I've found especially during a set training where if I drop the watts and stop spinning that segment doesn't get counted, so generally I don't end up eating during the ride.

Rides longer than 90mins my butt hurts to the point that I want to get off the bike which doesn't happen on rides outsoors

Well done! that's a big ride on all the numbers for the trainer. Several times I thought I'd go smash out a 100km ride in 3hrs but hasn't happened so far.

I think my longest ride so far is about the same at about 54km. My routine is usually to get in the trainer in the morning for an hour then eat breakfast. If I eat breakfast first then I tend to not get on the trainer until later as I end up eating my full breakfast. Balance is to have a coffee and banana, get on the trainer then afterwards have breakfast.

On the longer rides and also when I did a full gas ride for 29km I needed to eat something midway. When we all do our big rides were all munching on stuff along the way but I've found especially during a set training where if I drop the watts and stop spinning that segment doesn't get counted, so generally I don't end up eating during the ride.

Rides longer than 90mins my butt hurts to the point that I want to get off the bike which doesn't happen on rides outsoors
This morning wasnt supposed to go like this. I just looked for a ride i had not done. Saw 40 something km and 440m and thought, sure and hour and 30 and done. It seems the 440m was justthe longest climb or something and I had to do it twice. Out and back type ride. Then 40ish was 48. Due to the climbing it took the extra 20+ minutes. Then I get to 48, I decide to keep going to 50, then I see 980m climbed, so I coninueto 1000m, then I see 1hr 58min, I decided to just do 2 hours...

It just kept going...

My plan was so freaking off from reality

Riding outside tomorrow. Due to rain, no trails. One side of me wants to get after it. The other part wants to just enjoy...

Ritchey or Vassago...

Beautiful bike @kiwisimon . Only thing I would change is that red saddle.
@leicaman well I was doing a gentle break in ride and I heard a crack, jumped off looked at everything, I knew all the screws and parts were secure as I had done them myself.
I couldn't see anything weird until today when setting a shim for the front derailleur I saw my saddle had cracked along the narrow bit by the cutout. 2 1/2 years and out of warranty (plastic flexing a lot will eventually crack) :(. Maybe I need to lose even more weight but a google shows that it does happen. So I will likely go back to Selle San Marco for a saddle. i think black does look better. seats .jpg

ehm

A ride in Miura this morning. Left the house at 0515 and headed down the sagami side of Miura. The did the loop at the botton by Eneos and the windmills and back up with some side detours.
15PRs.
Shonan Village climb was a little tougher than anticipated with a 39x27 as my low gear, but it is just a few minutes, so you can suck it up and power through. But it solidified my opinion to putthe 50/34 back on for any rides to the regular passes like Yabitsu/Hakone.

Last edited:
Cycled up the Edogawa wearing a mask between Tokyo and Noda in Chiba Prefecture.It was really nice.Except for the tons of Johnny Come Lately's who have decided to start exercising to boost their immunity systems in the wale of Corona and fatties being more susceptible to getting it.Pity they can't control their kids wreaking havoc all over the cycling path.A great day's cycling was had in spite of the yokels who have suddenly deemed the riverside a safer area than LalaPort,Ario or Costco.

@leicaman well I was doing a gentle break in ride and I heard a crack, jumped off looked at everything, I knew all the screws and parts were secure as I had done them myself.
I couldn't see anything weird until today when setting a shim for the front derailleur I saw my saddle had cracked along the narrow bit by the cutout. 2 1/2 years and out of warranty (plastic flexing a lot will eventually crack) :(. Maybe I need to lose even more weight but a google shows that it does happen. So I will likely go back to Selle San Marco for a saddle. i think black does look better. View attachment 20127
The universe works in wonderful ways. Looks fantastic with that black saddle on.

not cycling related, but just read in the news about the comparison of numbers of foreign citizens entering Japan last month, with April 2019. this includes all cross border entries, tourists, residents returning from trips abroad etc. so in April 2019 there was about 2,700,000 such entries, that's 2.7 million for 30 days. this April..... waiiiit foooor it: 1,200. one thousand two hundred, period. 40 a day. like 99.9999% drop. May is probably gonna be even worse..... crazy times

Back
Top Bottom