What's new

Today May - 2016

Off to Hakuba this afternoon...

Was there on Friday. A balmy 6 degrees!

13095909_10154283021392223_2153731798827557527_n.jpg

Weather has warmed up now though but will still be nippy early morning...

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

Big sale on assos at xxcycle.com in France.
Like around 30% cheaper than local vendors

13083354_10154292541127223_8179259030215581324_n.jpg

Last big ride for me yesterday before Tokyo~Itoigawa on May 14th.

100 km into the ride I met the guys for a bit of through and off.

The highlight was a 2 up TT with the team ace on his TT machine. Lap 3 here:

https://www.strava.com/activities/563621286/laps

The lowlight was seeing strongman Bandai san's frame fail as I was chasing behind him. Snapped at the seat stay and chain stay on the drive side. Luckily there were no cars around. I reckon there must have been a crack there. Best to regularly check your bike for cracks, especially when unusual noises appear.

Safe Riding!

Andy

Same time, same place - meeting the unknown fellow commuter. But still the same winter clothes? "A little bit of sun won't kill you" is what I wish I could say to this stranger I meet almost daily.

1.jpg

OTOH, on my way back it was raining so I got a lot of umbrella-riding people as always, but it's one thing to do it on mama-chari but quite something else on a road-bike lookalike.

2.jpg

Then you have people with seemingly no clue what vehicular road is all about. The bus on the left was also moving, not still!

3.jpg

Followed a bloke in that rig for a fair part during the first ten laps of the Motegi 4hr yesterday. He was switched on and dialling into the race well.

Good ride as always Heath!

That was indeed team ace Adachi san. Looks like he pulled off dead on 2h after 10 laps. At that point the average speed was 44kmph!?!?

Will you be joining me for the 7h in the autumn!?

Andy

@andywood I'll definitely be there in autumn.
As yet undecided what race I'll do.

That was indeed team ace Adachi san. Looks like he pulled off dead on 2h after 10 laps. At that point the average speed was 44kmph!?!?

Yeah, they were hooking!

Hit a small rut in the road on my way to work this morning and my little Cateye front light slid off its mount and exploded into a million pieces when it hit the street. Of course the bike shops that are convenient for me to get a new one on the way home* are all closed because it's Wednesday. Rats...

Muttley.jpg

*in truth, on the way to the pub

Hit a small rut in the road on my way to work this morning and my little Cateye front light slid off its mount and exploded into a million pieces when it hit the street. Of course the bike shops that are convenient for me to get a new one on the way home* are all closed because it's Wednesday. Rats...

View attachment 13846

Is that your super ugly light? If so, it's the best news I've heard all week ;)

View attachment 13846

Here you go. I think Ford Prefect would refer to this light as "nicely inconspicuous" ;)
But on the slightly more serious side I've found that a dab of super glue between the light and the moving parts of the bracket can keep lights from launching themselves off handlebars or saddle bags.

Rode up shiraishi for the very first time today. Much harder than i imagined, but i'll be back and aiming for a sub 45 then a sub 40.

A wonderful pic taken by @TOM back in 2009, Arima-toge:

full

on edit: can I still edit this?

I think this kind of defines/represents my future.

(and that could be a good thing)

Last edited:
Blur this a little, and it kind of looks like buds?

full

After a max effort run down the river on Sunday, my legs were in a precarious state for the rest of the day, the next day I woke up with a slight hamstring strain from it all. So a few days off and wait for it to get back to normal so I can get back to business as normal. I like that i don't beat myself up for not training like I used to.
Makes for a more stress free life (physically and mentally).

Back
Top Bottom