What's new

May 14: Battle Royal a.k.a. Real Life Penis Competition

TOM

Maximum Pace
Apr 9, 2007
is the battle/battlefield ? If during this GW, tell me and I will consider being there with my steed to add some spice if/where needed.

Are gentlemen free to ride up Yabitsu-toge on Saturday (7th)?

Are gentlemen free to ride up Yabitsu-toge on Saturday (7th)?

Sure :cool: ...a bit short for me but why not, from which side ("omote" or "ura") shall it be? If "ura" (the longer & rougher way), how about a RdV first at Hashimoto Station - say at 8 a.m. ? FarEast? Deej? Jules? Philip? Thomas? YellowGiant? Ludwig? Alan? Clay? Who else? Be there? A real life penis competition indeed:D.

Ah, so nice to have Black Thunder back on the scene talking smack and I can safely assume you are back in form after your layoff:D

Unfortunately I am far from my peak...still coming out of a 2 month base with little or no speed/climbing work.

Give me 1-2 months and the challenge will be on:p

Tom, now that you say it, it might be a bit too short.

O-Toge on the other hand...;)

UPD Strategically, May 14th might be better for me. So, who's up for a small "battle royale"?

Cool

I can do either the 7th or 14th. It'd be also fun if we could do a two-stage event, the other being a flat (or rolling hills) road that leads out to the climb, like route 20 from Takao, regrouping at Ootsuki (although with GW traffic, the 14th would be better for that.) Or something similar... That way those among us who can maintain '40kph over 20km into a headwind' can show us their stuff. ;)

Gentlemen, I have split this thread from the Kazahari thread for being slightly O/T.

I'd be interested in joining if it takes place on the 14th *and* if compact cranks are allowed. :)

Just so you know, I haven't gone underground. :) An Otoge race sounds great. My Golden Week plans are in flux right now, so it's hard to commit to a date. But I might be able to swing something on the 7th. I'll be checking this thread!

Deej

I would be interested to join as an independent race commissary (only that by the time I get to the scene to judge, things will be over).

I second the idea for starting this at 8AM at Hashimoto station on the 7th.

Both the 7th and 14th are fine for me! I'll amble my way up but will still join...

Prefered day for the ride

TOM - 14
Phillip - ?
Sergei - 14
Thomas - 14
Mike - 7 / 14
Clay - 7 / 14
Deej - 7 ?
Gunjira - ?
Jules - 8
James (the man who started this madness) - ?
Terry - ?

some folk doubled up on a scooter with an iphone would make for jiving TCC viddy entertainment. i'm in for otoge. just to bare my teeth and snarl a lot. saturday is a bit hard to wrangle - sunday?

Is Otoge rideable :bike: ? from which side are you planning to start?

Preference for the 7th (but 14th OK too). Rode past the Magi entrance to Otoge twice today to Nirasaki+α and back (270km+):bike:.

Terry :) (seriously want to join this one?), anything is rideable and so is Otoge from both sides; usually however, we hit this Big Pass from the Magi side on Koshu-kaido.

The "weaker" warriors will take the train to Otsuki I assume...

BTW, who changed the name from Real Life Penis Competition to Battle Royal :D?

if22qv.jpg

Bonjour Tom,

I am looking more for a ride on friday, but saturday could also be an option.
What time are planning to start 5AM :p

PS: It will be my first long ride since NZ Ironman in March:eek:

Th.

Clay made a good point about the GW traffic on the 7th. From experience, I can tell Koshu Kaido will be traffic infested, esp. direction Tokyo.

I've changed my preference to the 14th therefore...

How about fixing a RdV time of 9:30 or 10:00 am at Otsuki station?

It seems the 14th is more preferred. I will def. join you then! Any time is ok. Looking forward for other TCCers to jump in :cool:

I'll try and swing the 14th, though with my boys' soccer schedules, I might have to back out and remain all talk, no walk.:) But I really want to join this, so I'll see what I can do.

For the record, my preference is a pure and simple race to the top of Otoge (or any other mountain of choice). Just a hill climb, no stoplights, no Koshu Kaido racing.

Another option, though it hurts just thinking about it, is the Itsukaichi loop (also known as Travis' HT Loop) some of us did a couple years back to prepare for Hotaka. If we did that, maybe we could start at the final light before the climb to Kazahari-rindo, to minimize the impact of red lights.

But given that I usually have only one good climb in my legs (unlike, say, Tom, who gobbles up mountains by the handful) I'm partial to a single shot climb-of-truth. That said, a longer ride would be a good way to pinpoint the best all-rounders.

Deej

As Jules pointed out to me today, we are getting off the point of the whole thing. This was supposed to be a man vs man shootout between Deej and FarEast.
I'm thinking spectators lining the road, bets laid, exclusive TCC video streaming...

Back
Top Bottom