What's new

May 14: Battle Royal a.k.a. Real Life Penis Competition

One-to-one duel

Said Deej:

"Another option, though it hurts just thinking about it, is the Itsukaichi loop (also known as Travis' HT Loop) some of us did a couple years back to prepare for Hotaka. If we did that, maybe we could start at the final light before the climb to Kazahari-rindo, to minimize the impact of red lights".

Brilliant idea - even better - logistics-wise - than Ootoge!

Said Clay:

"As Jules pointed out to me today, we are getting off the point of the whole thing. This was supposed to be a man vs man shootout between Deej and FarEast. I'm thinking spectators lining the road, bets laid, exclusive TCC video streaming..."

Absolutely - those are the main gladiators (everbody else myself included are mere "deuteragonists":cool:). (James, you trying to hide?:D)

Proposed time/arena for the duel:

Time: Itsukaichi Station at 9:00 on May 14th
Arena: Travis' HT Loop

i am with deej on course choice. racing on public roads sounds dangerous and unprofessional.

and yes, i do think the most exciting result is a play off between the most flamboyant of TCC buccaneers (deej & james). win or lose it only solidifies character to step up and play yourself out.

looking forward to it.

This one?

Said Deej:

"Another option, though it hurts just thinking about it, is the Itsukaichi loop (also known as Travis' HT Loop) some of us did a couple years back to prepare for Hotaka. If we did that, maybe we could start at the final light before the climb to Kazahari-rindo, to minimize the impact of red lights".

Proposed time/arena for the duel:
Time: Itsukaichi Station at 9:00 on May 14th
Arena: Travis' HT Loop

Would you by any chance be talking about this one?
http://www.mapmyrun.com/routes/view/4076777

From Itsukaichi, head up Kazahari Rindo;
Down to the lake, and turn left, following Rte.18 over Imagawa-toge.
Turn right onto Rte.411 and head back to the lake before climbing back up to Kazahari-toge;
The final downhill going past Tomin-no-mori - 104km from & back to Musashi-Itsukaichi.

OR, if you make the "official" start/finish at the "Moto-Shuku" T-junction/bridge, the total figure-eight loop comes to 87km.
The 14th might be a good time to try out my new bike too :cool:

Sorry warriors...I can't even spectate this battle.
I'll be racing at the Kurumazakatoge Hillclimb on the 14th.

Gamba'te / Allez / Dig in! as appropriate.

AW.

I am good with Travis loop on 14th. This loop is great for training for Fuji HC and I'd love to do it, whatever the reason :bike: And it's more fun to have somebody to chase and to be chased, than just to complete it.

In defense of James who hasn't made a comment here probably due to his misfortune of discovering the corpse of a suicide victim yesterday, he isn't a mountain goat like deej...not sure if this course will suit his style. He's more of a crit racer who can climb up short climbs at fast speeds.....I'm defintiely interested in this one but disappointed as it's so far from my place. What happened to the Yabitsu Toge ride????

Toughen up Princess! From your place it's only about 42km according to google maps... for me it's 52km. ;)

Come on Mike...it's just next to your damn red pickle :D !

More seriously about James...I thought I had warned him not to follow my path and venture into Aokigahara-no-jukai. James man, get the corpse out of your head :hammer:- your and our lives go on.

The "Travis HT Loop" is not your typical mountain goat parcourse but one of the better courses* for proving who is the MOST COMPLETE CYCLIST :cool:.

* for me in this country, this will always be the TOITO (Tokyo-Itoigawa Fast Run).
(Mike, Yabitsu is simply way too SHORT !!)

In defense of James who hasn't made a comment here probably due to his misfortune of discovering the corpse of a suicide victim yesterday, he isn't a mountain goat like deej...not sure if this course will suit his style. He's more of a crit racer who can climb up short climbs at fast speeds.....I'm defintiely interested in this one but disappointed as it's so far from my place. What happened to the Yabitsu Toge ride????

Hi guys..... Yeah bit of a brown (shitty) week last week for me. Dead bodies and Bankruptcy!

Got told the company I work for is filing for bankruptcy and I haven't received salaries for April and won't see any for May either.

Currently in talks with the labor office and lawyers in regards to how I can claw back some of my lost earnings and it seems I'm in a "catch-22" situation as I basically need to stay at the company if I am to receive any government support or aid in regards to lost earning but they don't pay out until it's all been processed…..damned if I do, damned if I don't!

As a result my wife is working the big earner shifts at work… basically weekend night shifts and emergency surgeries and as a result my racing a riding is being affected as I need to stay home and look after the kids. I was riding about 600km a week before the mess and now I'm lucky if I can clock in 200km.

I will try to join on the 14th and I'll know mid week if it's possible….. and as Mike points out… I'm a crit rider that can ride short hills stupid fast or long distance enduro style riding. But I'm more than happy to throw my lot in with you guys for fun and games.

* for me in this country, this will always be the TOITO (Tokyo-Itoigawa Fast Run).
(Mike, Yabitsu is simply way too SHORT !!)

Have to agree there Tom...... I might be ghost riding that this year but as a pace for Yair.....if he gives up the smokes.

I will try to join on the 14th and I'll know mid week if it's possible….. and as Mike points out… I'm a crit rider that can ride short hills stupid fast or long distance enduro style riding. But I'm more than happy to throw my lot in with you guys for fun and games.

Very sorry to learn about the recent turn of events surrounding you James. I'm sure you can overcome these adverse challenges though ;). It would be nice to see you on the 14th of course but please don't overexert yourself. These little rides can be left till later if needed.

42 km through traffic I suppose? No thanks! I'll leave this race for you Tokyo boys;)
Mike, you can take train from Atsugi to Hachioji to skip nasty traffic (only 1 norikae) and ride from Hachioji to Itsukaichi along Akikawa kaido (rt.32)

James, sorry to hear about your circumstances - i hope they will improve soon

If any one wants to ride TOITO this year, we have 5 slots as people have pulled out (Tepco worker mostly) but you'd have to ride with a Japanese name and I guess insurance cover would be void.

Still you can get the support at the check points and get an official time recorded.

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

In defense of James ... not sure if this course will suit his style. He's more of a crit racer who can climb up short climbs at fast speeds...

Hmm.

So those pro races in Africa, 40kph blasts for 20 kilometers into headwinds, 30kph rips up Otarumi, rocking the 53-11 up Kazahari, and stable of 100% bling count for nothing?

Meanwhile, I'm a 40-year-old full-time salaryman with three kids, whose "training" consists of riding a mountain bike to the office and, if I'm lucky, a quick ride on the Onekan between my boys' soccer practices. But the race is stacked in my favor because James, as you say, "isn't a mountain goat like deej"?

Sorry Mike, but no. Going by what James has written on these pages, he should be able to crush me like a gnat. All that Power! But then, what if the unthinkable happened and I -- a newb, really -- clocked the faster time? Would that make me the new Directeur? :)

Deej

Deej..... yes it would :D

The other thing is Im a salaryman too with a 9-5 two kids and a dog, my commute is just a little longer although it requires me to get up at 5am. ;)

But on another note..... yes raced Africa, placed 33rd and assisted the GC contender. Yes won otherraces here in Japan but if you look at the races I won they are all in favour of the sprinters, the hill climbs and hill courses I didn't fair very well on.

You don't see riders like Cavendish taking on riders like the Schlecks on the climbs for a reason you know ;)

Oh and I do recall Serguei beating me up Yabitsu last year, in fact I've been beaten by many people of the course of the years on the bike so won't be the first and hopefully not the last :D

Back
Top Bottom