What's new

Ride May 10, 2013 - Tsuru pass

j-sworks

Maximum Pace
Feb 5, 2012
I have been unable to get my stuff together enough to post rides altogether recently and this is very little exception, but here you go:

Start time: 8:00am @Hino station
Distance 135km
Total assent: this is a new ride for me but it looks to be realistically around 1800m.
Stops: water stops along the road, brief lunch.
Average speed: around 24km

Okutama lake offers some of the most scenic riding, and the climbing is gradual yet consistent. After the lake it is all new to me and possibly you, but all is mapped out and the route in general looks mildly challenging. All climbs are W.A.T.T. (wait at the top) so this is pretty friendly. There are bail-out points along the Okutama highway (JR line), please take your food with you for the ride, there will be a stop for lunch at a yet undetermined place (new route).

yeah sorry, this is the best day of the week for me (and the weather), and again a prime example of only being able to get stuff together at the last minute lately...

I am generally off on Fridays but it's usually my take-the-boy-to-school day so in future with a bit of notice I am up for some of this. Tomorrow I would but I have family in town.

tl;dr next time

I am generally off on Fridays but it's usually my take-the-boy-to-school day so in future with a bit of notice I am up for some of this. Tomorrow I would but I have family in town.

tl;dr next time
I will be able to give more notice on future rides as my schedule is starting to become less messy.

Hi
I'm interested to join the ride if you can move the start time @9am because I need to take care for the kids in the morning

How was it? I had the day off and was tempted to join, but opted for sleeping in until 11:30 and then polishing my bikes the rest of the day.

Nice call.

We actually did a different ride, so maybe I'll do Tsuru next week

Look, judge us as you will, but the simple fact is, we are both in our 30's, unmarried and spend a fair bit of time alone.

It is not as if we are out there hurting anyone, and we only do it at home. I would never let another man polish my bike, for example, and I am pretty sure Tobias is the same.

I did it a lot throughout my teens, and then stopped during my 20's; was chasing woman and getting drunk a lot, so I never felt like it. Back at it with a vengeance now though.

Back
Top Bottom