What's new

Help Mavic Rush (was Razor) shoe

CoffinDodger

Speeding Up
Dec 4, 2008
so a couple of months ago I finally replaced my completely knackered Razor shoes with the new Rush model. on the old model the maker provided a set of metal studs for the forefoot, which I never bothered fitting, but thought to keep the parts even though the shoes had been binned.

Been using the Rush maybe 3-4 times a week; they now come with the forefoot studs already fitted…but recently both studs from the right shoe only fell out and disappeared. and I haven't done any real offroading, so I 'm wondering….is that something to be expected?

thinking that having a pair of vampire bite threaded holes in the forefoot of the sole was not good, I plugged in the old studs, which are fortunately the same fitting. are these likely to disappear as well?

could just plug those holes with Sugru maybe?

Next time you're at a home center, get the shortest flat head screws that will fit that thread and just screw them in taut.

Have a pair of Mavic shoes (not sure sure what model but all straps are velcro). Didn't even bother to install the forefoot studs you mentioned. The shoe came with + headed screws that hasn't fallen off yet (after 4 years of abuse).

Have you tried some loctite on the threads. might help. Sugru or shoe goo should be OK if you really don't need the studs.

Back
Top Bottom