Matsuhime

echothree

Speeding Up
Sep 8, 2008
Mitaka
Great riding weather yesterday. I took the opportunity to have a good crack at the Queen of the TCC Classics, Matsuhime-toge south. I rode out there so I had the required 80+kms in the legs before starting ;) Proof attached below, a new record of 53:20! :D (Thomas, if you could please do the honours.)

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
Ahhh....just when I start to close in on your Hall of Fame times you pull away again! Congrats on a great time. As Ludwig wrote, an average heart beat of 181 is amazing, and now I understand one of the reasons you ride so damned fast. You must have a very high Lactate Threshold level to be able to sustain that kind of workload for around an hour.

I'll continue to plod away in hope of narrowing our time gaps once again;) Interval training here I come:D

p.s. Clay, maybe you didn't see my other thread, but what gear were you running on your bike last year at Fuji? I'll be on a 39 by 28....is this gonna be enough? Do I need a compact on the front?

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
I'm running 39x27. A compact crank would be nice, but not essential for Fuji.
Cheers Clay. I also have some new tubular climbing wheels coming, and at 400g lighter than my HEDS they should make a bit of a difference:D

p.s. mavic carbone's now at a reduced price if anyone's interested!

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
Alan, that had me rolling round in laughter mate. You're not far off there buddy;) Hmm, my next purchase might be some of those wheel racks, what a great idea:D