What's new

Matsuhime Loop . . .

yeah, with the heat we had today, rain could be better :)
today I struggled making it to the combini and back! :eek:

cyas tomorrow :D

Thanks Guys . . .

Simon and Deej,

Thanks for an excellent day riding and your super company!

Cheers,

Philip

Philip and Deej,
thanks for the ride guys, was really fun, except for the riding part ;)
sorry to hold you guys up :eek:
cyas next time :)

Thanks guys!

Philip and Simo, thank you for suffering with me in the hills Saturday. That was a long, tough day in the saddle -- over nine hours rolling time and 223 kilometers on the computer -- but you guys made it enjoyable.

Philip, from our meeting point until we parted ways on Setagaya-dori, you were tearing it up. Very impressive performance -- I've never seen you so strong. Even with my Vaam, I couldn't hold your wheel on Matsuhime. Thanks for your great company and superb navigational leadership. Did you manage to get in some training on Sunday?

Simo -- Great fun riding with you, as always. That took serious guts to climb Matsuhime so well after you were feeling so crummy. Then you took a nutritional cue from me and downed a tube of Chip Star, and suddenly you were playing mind games with me as we approached our final climb ("Is this one for points?"). Talk about a recovery. I think Philip thought we were a pair of overly competitive fools as we jabbered about our possible strategies for the climb.

The image that will stick with me from that ride is the steam rising from the roads and wooded valleys after the wall of rain swept through, drenching everything before giving way to the sun once again. Beautiful.

Deej

Did you manage to get in some training on Sunday?

No. I've lost my mojo :D I ran well this morning though so a few more weeks and I'll be back in shape.

I think Philip thought we were a pair of overly competitive fools as we jabbered about our possible strategies for the climb.

You could smell the testosterone!

The image that will stick with me from that ride is the steam rising from the roads and wooded valleys after the wall of rain swept through, drenching everything before giving way to the sun once again. Beautiful.

I also remember on a few occasions cycling through pockets of cold refreshing air in shaded areas or where we crossed small streams - joy!

Philip

Back
Top Bottom