What's new

Today March 2020

The experience reminded me of Germany in the warm spring sun in April 1986, when nature looked so inviting yet we were in fear of the invisible danger of nuclear fallout from the burning Chernobyl plant. Everything may look normal but you know it isn't.

I've been on holiday for the last couple of weeks and haven't been to Tokyo, but I feel the public mood has started to shift here. Do you buy that or do you think there's worse to come? I genuinely don't know as I was expecting an avalanche of cases to start a couple of weeks ago but it doesn't appear to have happened yet. Did you hear 50,000 turned out to watch the Olympic torch relay in Sendai? Pretty shocking to me, all things considered.

Starting to switch back over to the bike now that the temps are climbing. It's been a long time since I have been riding and I can definitely feel it. I decided from this week that I will ride to work most days in order to skip the disease ridden trains. First commute this morning was great. Took pretty much exact the same amount of time it does on the train. I'm sure it will help get the legs back into cycling fitness too.1F0BB901-DED0-44B2-82CB-3913FF1F7108.png

This one...

SADDLE: SELLE ITALIA
SEAT POST: Pro PLT Di2
SEAT CLAMP: Salsa LipLock
STEM: Service Course SL +/-6 degree (90mm)
HANDLEBAR: Salsa Cow chipper
HEADSET: Cane Creek 110 Blue
FORK: Whisky 9 No. 9 CX, thru axle
BOTTOM BRACKET: CHRIS KING Thread fit
CRANKSET: Shimano Ultegra 6800 50/34
CHAIN: Shimano Ultegra 11 speed
FRONT DEARAILEUR: Shimano Ultegra 6870 DI2
REAR DERAILEUR: Shimano Ultegra 6870 DI2 GS
CASSETTE: Shimano Ultegra 11x32
SHIFTERS: Shimano R785 DI2 hydraulic disc calipers
DERAILEUR HANGER: Paragon Machine Works Sliding dropouts 12x142
BRAKE ROTORS: 6 BOLT 140 REAR 160 FRONT
WHEELS ENVE: XC CARBON/DT 240s hubs

View attachment 19680

View attachment 19681
So I backed out....

The seller was struggling to figure out how to ship USPS and wanted to do it FedEx.
The end result of that option was going to cost up to $400 more.
I explained the process of how to do it and it took him a week to attempt it and even then he seemed reluctant to not ship FedEx.
Luckily he came up with a local buyer and I encouraged him to sell it locally with no hard feelings.
I was starting to get uneasy with just how slowly the process was going and planned to give him a hard deadline anyway.

In the end with all the uncertainty going on right now in the world makes sense anyways...
I will just have to survive with the other 9...

***Warning*** Downer post.
My cousin and wife are born and raised New Yorkers.
At 47 years of age with no known health issues, my cousins wife has passed away from the coronavirus.

Not all victims are old or sick.
We are in Japan - we are no doubt going to come into contact with others.
Just take care of yourself as best you can and understand it can happen to you.

Sorry for a non bike related post - but this one slams the point home for me a bit more than I was expecting.

Last edited:
I'm very sorry to read these sad news.
I wish you and your family all the strengh to handle this situation.

Take care and stay healthy everyone.

As of this morning, 2 more healthy and relatively young friends lost. Neither death is confirm why, but one friend was found in her car in front of her house. The other was found in his house on his couch.

The helpless feeling is pretty intense at this point.

2 more healthy and relatively young friends lost

sorry for your loss man. are these deaths COVID related? strange places to be found dead, but I guess it can happen anywhere...

my sister was working on one of them cruise ships in the Caribbeans. now the whole industry has shut down indefinitely and she can't get back to Europe at all, just kinda stuck there it seems

Two of them are not confirmed in any manner.
They were just found. Hospitals are so fucked, their cause of death is a low priority I guess.
I am just sad they were obviously alone in their last moments. Neither deserved that.

wow I guess there is a point where reason for people's deaths are not the top priority, and authorities have to focus on more pressing matters. but am kinda surprised that point has already been reached. NY and the surroundings are the worst hit and totally overwhelmed, so I guess it's there abouts? this has really exploded: 0 to 100,000 cases in 67 days, 100 to 200k in 11 days, to 300k in another 4 days, then just 3 days to 400k and it looks like about 2 days to 500,000 now!

Back
Top Bottom