Man Suspected of Stealing 60 Expensive Bicycles

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
At the age of 18 I had a Concorde stolen from me, I had saved pretty much the best part of 2 years to buy it so I feel for the owners of these bikes..... I hope they throw the book at him!

(I actually got it back after the idiot tried to sell it to the local bike shop)

Pete

Speeding Up
Sep 22, 2006
Ichikawa Chiba
Success

Thanks to TrufflesEater and the TCC forum my work mate had his 300,000 yen Cannondale mountain bike return to him last week.

The bike was in the vulgar mans apartment in Setagaya Ku along with the other 60. It was returned to him last week undamaged but partially stripped down. The return took such a long time as it was being held by the Court as evidence against the thief. I'm not to sure about the outcome of the sentence but hopefully he will never steal peoples belongings again.

Lets hope that all the other bikes go back to their rightful owners successfully. :)

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
Awesome to hear that your freind got his bike back. My wife had her bike stolen from work 11 years ago. Pretty nice straight bar touring bike 2 years ago the police came to our apartment asking if we had a bike stolen....so we checked to make sure ours or the kids bikes had gone walkies.

We were a little confused until we went and inspected the bike, turned out to be the bike stolen 11 years ago.... in perfect condition. The police told us they had stopped a drunk salaryman who had bought it from a junk store he had the receipts and the police wanted to know if we wanted it back.

We let the guy keep it.

Alot of these bike theives strip top end bikes down to sell at specailist used bike stores, the value of used parts for some reason retain value so its very profitable.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&source=hp&q=USED Bike Japan&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

These places will happily take Bikes, Parts with little in the way of ID or questions asked.