What's new

Man down

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Hi all

Last night I heard some terrible news about my mate, fellow TCC'r and all round good guy @xDOMx . On Friday morning, he had a crash while out on his bike. I don't know all the details at the moment but I'm guessing he was commuting to work. He underwent 7 hours of operations on his brain and arm. He is currently in ICU but he is awake and stable. He will need futher surgery on both his arm and face. If anyone wants to send a message of support to him, please do so below and I will send a link of this thread to his wife so she can pass them on to Dom.

Thanks

Mark

Last edited:
That is awful. Good luck on recovery!

On an anecdotal side - I can somewhat relate:
I had the left side of my face ripped off in a car accident in 1997 (and was initially declared 'dead on arrival'). Hours were spent picking glass out of my face. I was going in and out of consciousness, but I still have memory of long tweezers looking thing pulling glass out from around my eye. My forehead and cheek were so swollen, they could not even see my left eye. I was being monitored from brain swelling and a possible fracture in my back. Overall - this was an awful memory in my life (and my parents).

Why am I bringing this up? Because there was a moment the doctors asked me if I wanted stitches and a guaranteed need for plastic surgery or if I just wanted to have to put ointment on my face for 6 months and possibly still need plastic surgery. I took the second option and allowed my body to heal w/o the plastic surgery option.

While there is a slim chance you will turn out as handsome as me - the destroyed side of my face is now my more photogenic side! :)
And after some physical therapy and a lot of work - after 6 months or so I was able to get most of my strength back.

I hope your recovery is as good as mine and I hope you are better than new soon.

Last edited:
I'm so sorry to hear about his accident.
It certainly puts our minor ailments into perspective.
I hope he makes a full recovery and please pass on my regards to his wife.

I only rode with Dom once, and that briefly since I bailed out cause many people here are out of my league. But it is terrible to hear something like this happening to a club member. Best wishes for a speedy recovery, and I hope there will be consequences for whoever did this to Dom. I think I get about one too close/reckless/general dickhead driver per each commute day, despite my very conservative riding. People need to know there are consequences, and they will have to bear responsibility for their actions. Please keep us updated @leicaman

Man, what a shock!
Sounds so heavy.
Stay strong, matey!
We'll all be thinking of you during your recovery/surgery brother, that is a guarantee.

Pure speculation, but something tells me that a car was involved in this.

Anyway, regardless of how it happened, the most important thing is your well-being.

I got told off by your mam (assume it was your mam) on FB for mentioning bikes in my get well soon message but I meant what I said, you'll be back in the saddle laughing about this before you know it.

That won't stop your missus and and old dear from worrying themselves sick now this has happened. Heal well and heal fast MAAP need their poster boy back!

Sorry to hear about the crash. I hope the remaining surgeries go well and that you have a speedy recovery.

@xDOMx - was rather shocked to read about this on FB. It sounds like you are in good hands at the hospital though and all signs are positive. Heal well mate. Looking forward to catching up or perhaps trying to keep up when you are back in the saddle. Hope the artwork came out unscathed :) Thinking of you mate.

Sh!t, never met Dom except through this site. Still feel sad reading this.
Best wishes going forward and kudos to @D'Pioneer for his offer to fix the bike.

Primarily, get better soon.

Back
Top Bottom