What's new

UPDATE Major Update; expect downtime.

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Hi

We have been working on a large update to the site, including a move to an entirely new system framework. Now is the time to install this, so expect some downtime over the next few hours / days.

Once installed and set up, there will be a full explanation of the changes and upgrades.

Cheers for now.

It has not been difficult at all.

tumblr_ltyk1wVuwA1qdx4k4o1_500.gif

OK, so here is a summary of the update.

Completely new mobile friendly framework. The site now has some custom features for mobile users (Smartphones and Tablets), including a new side-menu system, auto-sizing, rotating screen, etc.

Floating header bar.
Linked with the mobile framework, the browser site now has a floating header bar.

There is also a load of other stuff which is nerdy which none of you care about.

Now, this is all very new, and a major shift away from the previous system. Therefore, I fully expect to find bugs and glitches.

If any of you find anything dodgy going on, please do post it in this thread, and I will address it in due course.

Currently, I know of the following issues which I am working though, so you don't need to mention them;

-Graphical misalignments; I attempted to transplant the previous theme onto this new framework, so none of you had a meltdown because things were different to what you are used to. This is a massive job, however, and I have not finished it yet. Give it time, and everything will be pulled into shape.

-A small layout glitch in the 'My Attachments' menu item, on iOS8 (not sure about Android, so feel free to test it for me :) )

So, go and have a good old fiddle with it (the website, and not like that (or that (it is not the 1970s and you don't work for the BBC))), and let us know what you think. Open to modifying anything you want (within reason), so comment away.

If any of you decide that you hate the new system, you can switch back to the old one in the menu at the bottom left of the site.

Cheers.

Now all the site needs is a warm friendly atmosphere in which to share and converse with like minded individuals without the threat of ridicule or scorn from the petty minded overlords and maniacal overseers restricting opinions and badgering subscribers like a Russian oligarch bent on dominating all who fall within his gaze.

Now all the site needs is a warm friendly atmosphere in which to share and converse with like minded individuals without the threat of ridicule or scorn from the petty minded overlords and maniacal overseers restricting opinions and badgering subscribers like a Russian oligarch bent on dominating all who fall within his gaze.

?

Thanks for all the work on the site.

Upon directions to post here, hope this is he right place, I'll do that now.

About text input with iPhone, 6plus if that means anything at all?? Haven't checked with 5s for that matter - The cursor cannot be repositioned to any location other than the end of the last thing typed ie it's impossible to go back and change anything I've typed.

Sounds like a complaint but it's not, I'm actually visiting the site a lot more these days since it became much more convenient to read on my phone.

Hey.

Thanks for the feedback. Will look into it.

As a test, can you go to any other site where you make comments, using your browser (I am assuming Safari?), and see if the same issue exists there.

Cheers.

Browser is chrome, and I make comments nowhere except Facebook and, uh Facebook I think. Lame eh.

I'll see what I can do. Maybe I'll sign up to some Kim lard ashcan forum or something.

Site issue or just my issue?

I get no tool options above the text box (this box I am typing in now). Happens in OS X 10.9.5 in both Chrome and Safari.

It's working for me

Back
Top Bottom