What's new

Mainlining Mayo Asaren

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
OK - I've had a couple weeks to recover from Haute Route. Basically this means I've been putting MAYO on anything I eat - and pretty much eat anything I can! Enuffs Enuff. Time to grab my socks and all that. So - if anyone wants to do some morning loops let me know. I have a few on the Chofu side of things that are relatively short, put some rouleurs into the mix and get the HR up.

I'm thinking about mixing up the sessions a bit with some fixed gear stuff (you don't have to), hill repeats and maybe even gym work (Kawasaki Sports Center is less than 100m away).

On super nice and possibly free days - a long loop around Takao or Yabitusu via Onekan?

On seriously rainy and weather insane days - maybe some CX stuff along the baseball fields at the Tamagawa. (Or harass FE on his morning rides)

That sort of thing...

Hopalong! Who keeps 'up' on laps? BTW - I found an 'abandoned' staircase. Brutal. Right next to the sports center. Even more brutal.

Hahaha if you can keep up fatty.

Hopalong! Who keeps 'up' on laps? BTW - I found an 'abandoned' staircase. Brutal. Right next to the sports center. Even more brutal.

You wouldn't know brutal if it jumped out of a bush and ........... Come play in my neck of the woods one weekend, then you'll know why I'm trading blows with the big boys.

But bitch talk aside, lap based training would really help me build for my UCI events this year, nothing better than fresh legs attacking me.

But bitch talk aside, lap based training would really help me build for my UCI events this year, nothing better than fresh legs attacking me.

Well, isn't that how it's supposed to be? Pursuit based training is really the best. Look at Coppi? Look at Wiggo? And you have lap by lap to checkpoint.

Could be a charity event there, FE donates 100 yen to any charity you name for every second you beat him by, and vice versa. Tag team him into philanthropy. Lets say 8 laps with four people doing two laps at a time.

I'm up for that, laps need to be minimum of 2.5 and a max of 3.5 in length. Any steeple (Chicane or barrier) can't exceed 40cm and can not be in the start/Finish area.

Riders get a 100m rolling start, best if there is a 90 degree corner coming in to the start area so as soon as they see me they can go.

Oh and 1 more thing - don't set it up on the other side of bloody Tokyo for god sake I live in Yokohama and there are a billion better places than the Arakawa!

Timmeh's a Kanagawa boy now. Aren't you Timmeh?

Righto! Agreed - the Tama side of things is oh so much better! @FE - when you have some time , lets meet and make an adhoc training 'course' - I believe we just need to stash some barriers next to the location. I doubt anybody will touch them. But , beyond that, just hitting some of the local mini-hill loops in the area is nice. And, of course, the brutal stairs.

...this means I've been putting MAYO on anything I eat - and pretty much eat anything I can! ...

Tim,

Given all your other diet/ride mixtures/suggestions and so on...,

...I'd like to know the specifics of the mayo you're talking about.

Do you make your own? (Or, do you like kewpie?) ;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom