What's new

Lynskey bargains

Check out Chain Reaction. They have the MT29 on sale for wickedly cheap. I have all the parts required to build it... Tempting.

If anyone wanted to buy all the parts I have all they would need is a Headset and the frame to complete the build. It would be $2000usd to build a Ti bike with XT/XTR/Hope/Thomson build.

I am daily talking myself out of it.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/jp/en/lynskey-mt-29-frame-2018/rp-prod165954

I have never owned a Lynskey, but they are the manufacturer of my Vassago. So I can vouch for the craftsmanship. I have no experience with their geometry.

Lynskey was the original Litespeed until they sold off the name.

I'm happy with mine. The lifetime warranty was a big draw and they lived up to that promise to me a couple of years back.

So yeah, a bike for life.

A few guys here are still riding old Litespeeds, one guy is even riding a Blade which Lance Armstrong famously had painted up as a Trek for a TDF TT back in the day...

Andy

Spooky you should bring this up. I just emailed the Litespeed distributor in Japan earlier today to ask about a Litespeed T2 frameset. Those Lynskeys are a very good price.

Saddles, handlebars, seatposts etc. But never a bike or frame.

I visited their shop once too which was nice.

Do they work out cheaper than wiggle etc?

Andy

Saddles, handlebars, seatposts etc. But never a bike or frame.

I visited their shop once too which was nice.

Do they work out cheaper than wiggle etc?

Andy
I don't think wiggle sells Litespeed. Takizawa are about the same price as going direct to the factory in Tennessee but if I got it direct from the US I would also have to pay 200 USD shipping plus import duty so Takizawa should work out cheaper.

I don't think wiggle sells Litespeed. Takizawa are about the same price as going direct to the factory in Tennessee but if I got it direct from the US I would also have to pay 200 USD shipping plus import duty so Takizawa should work out cheaper.

You're right yeah, just through distributors.

Compare them to Lynskeys then.

Essentially the same bikes, hand made with NASA grade titanium in the same town, Chattanooga, Tennessee...

Andy

Happy Lynskey owner/rider here, too (230, 340). They have bargains almost every month.

You're right yeah, just through distributors.

Compare them to Lynskeys then.

Essentially the same bikes, hand made with NASA grade titanium in the same town, Chattanooga, Tennessee...

Andy

Both seem to make great bikes. The weight of the lightspeed as caught my attention. Their T1SL frame is under 1000grams in a medium 😳

Both seem to make great bikes. The weight of the lightspeed as caught my attention. Their T1SL frame is under 1000grams in a medium 😳

I've no idea but I'm guessing that's heavy???

It's a wonder how those NASA guys get their space shuttles into orbit!

Andy

I've no idea but I'm guessing that's heavy???

It's a wonder how those NASA guys get their space shuttles into orbit!

Andy

Ha ha. Nope. I think it's currently the lightest off the shelf Ti bike you can buy.

The lightest was probably the Vortex.

https://www.google.co.jp/amp/s/www....ent/icons-cycling-litespeed-vortex-311140/amp

Murayama san won 5 back to back Norikura titles on one of those bad boys.

I know 3 guys who are trying to kill 3 of those so they can buy a new bike.

But they just ... won't ... die ...

Yahoo auction maybe worth a look!

Andy

The vortex is actually considered a little heavy for a lightweight Ti frame. There is a guy on weight weenies with an ML size vortex and the frame weights is at 1323g. I think the lightest frame Litespeed ever produced was the Ghisallo. A guy on weigh weenies has a small at it weighs on at 782g.

The Lynskey r470 comes in at around 1600g I believe. Personally I wouldn't want a Ti frame at at 782g. The T2 I have my eye on is around 1250g for ML.

The vortex is actually considered a little heavy for a lightweight Ti frame. There is a guy on weight weenies with an ML size vortex and the frame weights is at 1323g. I think the lightest frame Litespeed ever produced was the Ghisallo. A guy on weigh weenies has a small at it weighs on at 782g.

The Lynskey r470 comes in at around 1600g I believe. Personally I wouldn't want a Ti frame at at 782g. The T2 I have my eye on is around 1250g for ML.

It's obvious you've done your homework!

Once you're in this deep, there's no turning back!

Looking forward to seeing the new Ti frame!

Andy

Back
Top Bottom