What's new

(LSD) Saturday, January 28th - Ara-Tone-Edogawa Super Loop

Yamabushi

Maximum Pace
Jun 1, 2010
Tim, Takaaki and I will be doing a 170kmm LSD Saturday (28th) striving to maintain a heart rate zone 1 & 2 during the duration of the ride, so it will not be a breakneck pace. We'll try to keep stops to a minimum, plan accordingly. The route will be predominantly river side cycle path along the Arakawa, Tonegawa and Edogawa respectively. We'll be meeting at the usual Family Mart at 8am and will try to roll out within 5-10 minutes.

Also, Takaaki will be debuting his new steed that he brought back with him from his recent trip to Italy. Don't miss the unveiling! :D

INFO:
Meet Time: 8:00am
Route: ROUTE
Meet Place: Family Mart (HERE)
Distance: 170km

Hey

What time do you think you will be getting to the 35 point (where we have met a few times before?)

Alright, I am in!

I will meet you on the middle of the bridge at point 35 on the map where you drop back onto the river and follow you up all the way round to where you go past Kasukabe (about the 130 mark), then I will duck out back home.

Wicked.

Just need to make sure that new seat gets delivered, or my ride will be none-to-dissimilar to that IT machine from South Park.

Actually its a long standing tradition that if you show up on the ride with a new bike you take the pull into any winds, plus you have to buy everyone on the ride a beer when its over.

If it's wet, I am definitely not! :cool:

It'll be good to have you along Andreas, especially if we get any strong headwinds! :D

Actually its a long standing tradition that if you show up on the ride with a new bike you take the pull into any winds, plus you have to buy everyone on the ride a beer when its over.

Nice. Andreas or the new bike, I'm in. :) :)

This is the TCC not half fast Tim.... rules don't apply.

I'd guess about 8:50-9:00am.

If you're planning to start from the meeting point around 8:05-8:10, that makes it about 45-50 minutes for the first 35 km.

42-47 km/h cruising in zone 1 and 2? :bike:

If you're planning to start from the meeting point around 8:05-8:10, that makes it about 45-50 minutes for the first 35 km.

42-47 km/h cruising in zone 1 and 2? :bike:

You may need to recheck your math and/or cartography skills. Owen's suggested meeting point is only about 22km from the Family Mart meeting point. :cool:

You may need to recheck your math and/or cartography skills. Owen's suggested meeting point is only about 22km from the Family Mart meeting point. :cool:

My mistake, I assumed the meeting point was near the start of the loop, not 12 km in. Makes sense now!

I will join from the draw bridge at Pt 20.

I won't do the whole loop, Just go for an hour or so North and then Back.

About what time do you expect to be there?

I Have childbirth training in the arvo! I wonder what it will entail... The correct method of holding a hand. How not to faint at the critical moment perhaps:warau:

Pete, it's been a while, and for a flat course this looks the dog's bollocks - count me in !

Would it be fair to say you'll be passing my "regular" Arakawa meeting spot, under Rt 17, around 8:15 ..?

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom