What's new

looking to buy a 54cm or 56 cm bike

Murfman

Warming-Up
May 29, 2012
hey guys i recently posted here on TCC asking everyone for advice on where to find a used track bike. it seems my best bets are yahoo auctions and craigslist. My japanese is extremely limited so im doing the best i can with these sites but figured it might be wise to ask if anyone out there is looking to sell a bike or has a friend looking to sell.

Im trying to find a complete or near complete track bike(54cm -56cm).
im not looking to spend too much, id like to keep it the 20,000-35,000Y range.

if anyone knows of anything, please let me know.

thanks.

why not ebay?

I've bought a lot of stuff on ebay that has either had incredibly good shipping or free shipping.

dont you need a credit card for ebay? the bank doesnt really like to give us gaijin cards haha

eBay is easy to use if you have PayPal. Credit cards are just one way of funding PayPal purchases.

I only had problems getting credit cards in Japan when I still worked for an overseas employer (i.e. based outside of Japan). Since I started working for my own company I haven't had any problems.

Yahoo Auction is more popular in Japan than eBay.

No credit card needed there. All you need is a bank account to be able to transfer money. Works great.

i have a postal bank account, i wonder if that works.

but anyway it see,s yahoo auction is the way to go.

i have a postal bank account, i wonder if that works.

but anyway it see,s yahoo auction is the way to go.

Postal bank account is probably the best choice. Most sellers have postal bank accounts which means you won't be charged any transfer fees.

You don't even necessarily need a bank account.

A lot of sellers accept Combini payment / COD.

And surprsingly, they accept cash, too! And, in Japan, you can send cash directly to people with a special JP service.

You don't even necessarily need a bank account.

A lot of sellers accept Combini payment / COD.

looks pretty good to me too. but id imagine getting all the other parts may take awhile and get costly. are you guys usally trusting on buying stuff like this on yahoo auctions? i usally like to check out used stuff in person especially when i dont speak the native tounge. dealing with a rust or crack issue may be a problem for me.

iv been looking a lot but still havent really found much. If anyone comes across something or wants to get ride of a bike. please let me know.

are you guys usally trusting on buying stuff like this on yahoo auctions? i usally like to check out used stuff in person especially when i dont speak the native tounge. dealing with a rust or crack issue may be a problem for me.

im not looking to spend too much, id like to keep it the 20,000-35,000Y range..

at your budget, not having rust or a crack would be a red flag. STOLEN

Good luck, I've never had an issue buying anything on Yahoo.

I could rent you my Ti fixed gear for a few weeks. I'm training primarily on geared bike. Would require a substantial deposit / guarantee in case of loss, theft, crash, etc. to cover any potential repairs or replacement. It's a 545x550 , btw.

SBSH0843-1024x768.jpg

Back
Top Bottom