What's new

Looking for someone to cycle with

Yokohama-FX7.3

Cruising
Jul 16, 2011
Hi,
is anyone interested to cycle together with me?
My location is in Ichigao, very close to the Tsurumi river.
Maybe someone who could show me some routes? I mostly cycle on Saturdays, normally I do 30 - 40 km routes.

You're very near to where I live. I tend to do shorter rides on weekdays and head out of town for longer rides on the weekends which sounds like it wouldn't work for you. Anyway, here's a route that starts along the Tsurumi, goes over to the Tama then up into the Tama Hills. You can shorten to suit your needs, but hopefully it gives you something to work with.

You're very near to where I live. I tend to do shorter rides on weekdays and head out of town for longer rides on the weekends which sounds like it wouldn't work for you. Anyway, here's a route that starts along the Tsurumi, goes over to the Tama then up into the Tama Hills. You can shorten to suit your needs, but hopefully it gives you something to work with.

Thanks, that looks good. How is the road traffic after you leave the Tsurumi river. I would like to avoid heavy traffic. Also you have any good route suggestion to reach Minato-mirai, coming from Shin Yokohama?

I like to avoid traffic as well so this route is as much 'traffic avoidance' as is possible in Tokyo. There is a short 1.5km section between the Tsurumi and Tama that has some traffic, but not bad, and pretty short section. Tama is good (except lots of foot traffic on weekends). The section from the Tama to the hills is along a road that has lots of traffic, but also has a good shoulder and bike lane for cyclists. Plenty of room for cyclists so close passes are not a thing. The hill section is mostly countryside with little traffic. Then you can rejoin the Tsurumi and follow the cycle path all the way back to the start.

I don't have much firsthand experience getting to Minato-mirai so can't really answer that.

I like to avoid traffic as well so this route is as much 'traffic avoidance' as is possible in Tokyo. There is a short 1.5km section between the Tsurumi and Tama that has some traffic, but not bad, and pretty short section. Tama is good (except lots of foot traffic on weekends). The section from the Tama to the hills is along a road that has lots of traffic, but also has a good shoulder and bike lane for cyclists. Plenty of room for cyclists so close passes are not a thing. The hill section is mostly countryside with little traffic. Then you can rejoin the Tsurumi and follow the cycle path all the way back to the start.

I don't have much firsthand experience getting to Minato-mirai so can't really answer that.
Thanks for the reply. I will try to do that course over the next few months, for now I will shorten it maybe first up till the Tama River and see how it goes.

Back
Top Bottom