Help Looking for a place to watch the sunrise in West Tokyo

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
I live in Hino-shi and now that the warm weather is here I want to start doing dawn rides. Has anyone got any suggestions for the best place to ride out to and watch the sun come up? I'm looking for a spot that can be reached on a road bike (sealed roads) and is within 2hrs of Hino.

Apr 3, 2012
Tama Center <-> Otemachi
Tamagawa? During the winter months, the sun is in my eyes, blinding me during my cycle commute. These days, sunrise is at 4:24am... I've switched to sunscreen. :D

During the rare clear days, you can see Mt. Fuji get lit up first in the distance.

Another place is the park with the museum of old houses. It's not exactly accessible by bicycle, you'll need to bring walkable shoes. This place overlooks the city facing west.

Last edited:

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
Cheers Jack, the museum looks like an interesting place to visit, I guess I'm looking for some place in the mountains that I can cycle to. I might see if I can find a rindo or an East facing bridge that has uninterrupted views. What do you reckon? Are you up for a 3am start?

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
That depends where I head, if it's close to Takao I can get there in about 1.5hrs, I'll just have to take a nanna nap when I get home and then start my day. The problem I'm having is finding an east facing location with an uninterrupted view.