What's new

Looking for a good shop

rbleonard

Warming-Up
Jul 7, 2006
I've been here ~1year, moved from Austin Texas where I was active with the local MTB group. I am looking for a store that has a decent selection on road bike parts, specifically clips,shoes, tires, etc. Anywhere in the Tokyo Area. I would prefer to not go mail order.

Last week I purchased a specialized carbon allez from a small bike shop near Yokota he did not have much in the way of product, though he offered to mail order for me I am partial to cash and carry. I am new to road work and look forward to the learning.

Any suggestions?

Thank You!!!!!

Robert

Hi Robert,

first of all welcome to the TCC Forum! :welcome:

Y. International has plenty of decent shops in and around Tokyo. The OD Box Annex in Okachimachi also satisfies every biker's needs. There are plenty of other shops, these are just the ones I frequently visit. :)

Hallo Robert,

If you live near Tachikawa, I would recommend "Narushima Friend" where is very near Crest hotel Tachikawa.
It is very small shop, but has long history in Tokyo and mainly deal road bike, part, wear and so on.

Hi Robert-san,

welcome to TCC!

In the western Tokyo, how about Itoi Cycle in Machida and Sagami-Ohno?

-Itoi Cycle (Machida)
Haramachida 6-7-16
Machida, Tokyo
Tel: 042-725-1101
Machida Station on Odakyu Line or JR Yokohama Line

-Itoi Cycle (Sagami-Ohno)
Sagami-Ohno 3-18-12
Sagamihara, Kanagawa
Tel: 042-746-4581
Sagami-Ohno Station on Odakyu Line

Hi, TCC Guys.

I just got here last week and will leave this weekend and I'm really wishing to go to a bike shop to check some stuff.

I checked some of the sites but they only give me general areas and the staff in the hotel is heplful but can't give me the extact direction.

I'm staying in the Shinagawa area and my office is at Takeshiba near Tokyo Tower ( I use the JR line). I'd appreaciate it if you can give me the direction to the nearest bike shop. I have a couple of sites (Y's Academy in Akasaka and Y's Bike Garage (not sure of the area)) but I don't have the exact addresses and directions to go there. Taxi is out of the question because I have limited Nihongo.

Thanks guys....

Central Tokyo Shops

Hi, TCC Guys.

I just got here last week and will leave this weekend and I'm really wishing to go to a bike shop to check some stuff.

I checked some of the sites but they only give me general areas and the staff in the hotel is heplful but can't give me the extact direction.

I'm staying in the Shinagawa area and my office is at Takeshiba near Tokyo Tower ( I use the JR line). I'd appreaciate it if you can give me the direction to the nearest bike shop. I have a couple of sites (Y's Academy in Akasaka and Y's Bike Garage (not sure of the area)) but I don't have the exact addresses and directions to go there. Taxi is out of the question because I have limited Nihongo.

Thanks guys....

There are 3 shops around Okachimachi station, North on Yamanote Line or Keihin-Tohoku Line. (Local - Rapid trains don't stop).
OD Box Annex: Go out of the North exit of the station at the East side. You will be at a crossroads facing a kind of metal sign over a narrow street that is next to the railway. A chemist's shop will be on your right. Cross the east/west road and turn right. The next street on your left (before you get to Starbucks) is another narrow street heading North. Follow this street about 100m and on your right is OD Box Annex. There is a bike rack in front. Biking stuff is on floor 4 and 5.
Classic:
Go out of Okachimach station (north or south exit) and turn toward the West. Walk along the small streets until you come to the first major road (3 blocks I think) and turn to the South. Walk south about 300m and Classic will be on your left.
Asazo - look for an AM/PM convenience store, and walk straight, back towards Akihabara on a narrow road between the main road & the train-lines. It's behind the major department store in the area - Matsuzakaya - once you get near there, just ask a few people, "Asazo wa doko? Jitensha-ya!"
This Road Bike only shop is between Okachimachi and Classic. It's on one of the little streets. They have links with Classic and there is a map posted next to the cash till in Classic that shows you how to get there.

Good luck & happy shopping....

AW

Back
Top Bottom