Review Look Keo Carbons

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
After about 10mo of riding, my right KEO Carbon / Ti Blade pedal developed a crack along the axle tube. Thus the, 'blade' ceased to provide any relevant tension and my cleat will not hold in. Not fun. No crashes on this pedal - it just failed from general fatigue. I'll send them back and see what the response is.

I like these pedals overall - very firm support surface, positive cleat in and outs and very lightweight construction. Now I have my concerns about using these ongoing especially in rides where I might encounter more physical abuse to the pedal.

Originally I had ordered the steel axle version- but was sent the Ti version instead. In hindsight - perhaps the steel axle / composite body version would be stronger???

kratos34

Warming-Up
Jun 4, 2012
Sagamihara City
I have just upgraded my pedal last week to the Look Blade 16 but with the steel axle. Still getting some time adjusting to it. But I feel it is more firm and release is very good... I hope the carbon doesn't give up soon...

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
tokyo
www.roadfixie.com
There should be no problems with the blade itself. Mine cracked around the axle at the point where the blade has the most tension. I'll post a picture of it when I get back. @FE , yep, I don't anticipate any return issues - their warranty is 2yrs and unless it's obviously broken in a crash, it should be covered.

FarEast

Maximum Pace
May 25, 2009
Yokohama
There should be no problems with the blade itself. Mine cracked around the axle at the point where the blade has the most tension. I'll post a picture of it when I get back. @FE , yep, I don't anticipate any return issues - their warranty is 2yrs and unless it's obviously broken in a crash, it should be covered.
LOL - mine was broken in a crash - ground right down when I got taken out at Makuhari - in fact they are eager to get thier hands on them - however I haven't had time to deal with sending them back as of yet.