Long Weekend Rides

May 22, 2007
Kawasaki
halffastcycling.com
Here's our delicious cycling menu for the upcoming long weekend

-- Saturday 16th --

Beginners' Ride to Haneda. 30 km. Flat and easy. All welcome. Sal (o9o-78l6-46lZ) will lead. Meet at 10.00 a.m. >> note earlier start time << in front of the Grand Hyatt in Roppongi Hills. Back by 1 p.m. or so.

-- Sunday 17th --

Two mountain rides.

Green Line: Pete will lead another ride on the glorious Green Line in Saitama. Details, maps etc. are here on the TCC web site. The ride starts on the Arakawa at 7.00 a.m., but if you want to skip the first flat section and get straight into the hills then be at Moro Station (on the Hachiko line) just after 8.00 a.m. - I think that's what I'm going to do.

Yabitsu/Beach: Chris will lead another attack on the Yabitsu pass...

Call me ganko o-yaji or a Depeche Mode fan but I just can’t get enuff! Last chance to do some training before Norikura and enjoy a swim.

Sunday, July 17th “Asaren”

Start: 7am
Place: The 7-11 in Hadano, located at the intersection of rte. 71 & rte.704.
Address: 神奈川県秦野市落合373ー2 / Ochiai 373-2, Hadano-shi, Kanagawa

Route:

1) Go up Yabitsu (Try to reach the top in less than 60 minutes, without your foot ever touching the ground. Those more advanced can attempt it in 35 minutes.)
2) Go over the Yabitsu Pass and down the crumbly side.
3) After that downhill, turn around at the bottom go right back up AGAIN, for 24 km hill climb.
4) Take Route 71/63 towards Hiratsuka
5) Take Route 134 to Hayama (pass Enoshima, Kamakura, Zushi, after Morito-kaigan – just follow the coast, for 45km.
6) Arrive at Isshiki-kaigan and dock at Blue Moon beach house for drinks, food, and swimming. The swim is rejuvenating.

@ BLUE MOON:
Shower and changing rooms are avail.
There is a locker fee and then u get to change for free.
Towels are bring your own, or buy for 200yen at any conbini

So contact Chris K. at o8o-4l79-4648 or kossowski at gmail dot com if you want to go.​

-- Monday 18th --

Takao-Jinba: Ed will lead yet another mountain ride, this time to Mt. Takao and Mt. Jinba. Start at the Grand Hyatt at 08.30 a.m. If you want to join up later at Futagobashi (09.30), Y's Fuchu (10.30), or Takao-sanguchi (11.30) then let Ed know to watch for you. Climb the (easy) Otarumi Pass over Mt. Takao, have ramen for lunch at the top, then continue on, around, and over the Wada Pass over Mt. Jinba (significantly harder), then circle back to the Mount Beer beer garden for late afternoon refreshments! Bring a bike bag for the train home. edpockney at hotmail dot com o8o-3426-3oo9

--

Keep the rubber side down. And don't forget the sunscreen.

TTFN

--Mike-- o8o-34o3-oZ39