What's new

Long time in Tokyo, back in the saddle again.

YamanashiLiving123

Maximum Pace
Dec 9, 2015
Hey Everyone,

Just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. Allen from good ole Minneapolis, Minnesota. I've been living in Tokyo going on ten years, but have been out of the cycling world for about 20. I used to be a cat 2 and semi-pro in the US back in the 90s riding for a Bianchi team.

Well after a long hiatus due to other responsibilities, raising a child, getting a masters degree etc., all of those hobbies I loved so dearly were put on hold. Now it's time! I'm in good shape as I run and workout and have been spinning indoors and 60 km a week commuting to one of the universities where I teach. But the road is calling. So being 50 years old now (damn! 50! Already!) it is time to get back to it.

So pulled the trigger on a nice road bike that is as I type this being put together in Taiwan. Home of the world's frame builders.

I will be getting it the end of December, but in the meantime, getting my kit together and making contacts on here so I can hit the ground rolling.

Looking forward to the open air, Japan back roads and meeting some folks!

Drop me a reply, or PM anytime on suggestions pertaining to riding.

Otherwise, I will be perusing this site and getting acquainted with all it has to offer thanks to your postings.

Until then - Allen

I did my research and compared prices here in Tokyo. It's a no name brand, first to consumer online sales. Frame is made by the same Taiwanese company that makes the high end name brand frames.

Comes with ultegra group, alloy frame, carbon fork, seat post and bars. Disc brakes. Price includes fitting, carbon water bottle cages, water bottles, jersey, tool, shipping and improv charges as well.

I'm partial to working with the small guys that are up and coming.

http://culpritbicycles.com/collecti...ultegra-disc-brakes-with-reynolds-assault-slg

To be fair, a very good price for the components etc and, fingers crossed, it'll perform well.

Well the last bike I owned that was decent, other than my Helmz commuting bike, was a steel frame bianchi over 25 years ago so...

Yeah I hear ya!!! Remember, I haven't ridden a higher end bike in over twenty years so it it'll be heaven no matter what.

I'm riding this now for my commute and it is heaven.

http://www.helmz.jp/lineup.html

H1X on the left side of the web page.

By the way, didn't get the culprit Croz blade, but the roadDi.

Hi, noticed that this afternoon actually. I was sending a link to my brother and the site did not pop up. Unfortunately, did not get my bike yet from him. But protected by good ole PayPal and my credit card.

I know the guy behind the brand is the guy behind the site. From everything I have read he is legitimate and been good about returning my emails. I did send him one this afternoon letting him know the site is down for some reason. No word back yet.

They could be getting ready for the new year and model's or just updating the site.

But thanks for letting me know.

That's good to know. I know the site lost all content. One thing that concerns me is that usually there is a landing page letting people know that the site is being updated rather than a keyword related to the site.

I too am interested in seeing how it pans out.

Sent him another email and will follow up with a call in a little while.
Will keep you updated.

That's good to know. I know the site lost all content. One thing that concerns me is that usually there is a landing page letting people know that the site is being updated rather than a keyword related to the site.

I too am interested in seeing how it pans out.

Sent him another email and will follow up with a call in a little while.
Will keep you updated.

Thanks to D'pioneer I contacted the culprit website webmaster. Thankfully they were just migrating the site to a new server and it took longer than expected. All is back on track.

Well the culprit has arrived. Spent the day getting it set up. Maiden voyage tomorrow. Looking forward to it and meeting some of you out on the road in the coming weeks and months.

Oh and happy new year!!!

Back
Top Bottom