What's new

London > Edinburg > London

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
https://londonedinburghlondon.com/route/

1400km, 11km of up-ness, kind of like PBP, only longer. Starts at 13:00 Sunday Japan time (if I've got that figured right).

I know a fellow who is doing this, former colleague from quite a while back (he did PBP last year or the year before), his tag is A7 if you'd like to armchair it.

Uh..., the first line in that link:

The London Edinburgh London 2017 route is 1441km long and has 11,128m of climbing.

I was looking at the course profile. My guess is they got their elevation of RWGPS. :glasses:

I was looking at the course profile. My guess is they got their elevation of RWGPS. :glasses:
Not sure why you think there wouldn't be very much climbing when riding from London to Scotland and back. There are no big mountains in the UK but lots of smaller ups and downs. Over 10,000m in over 1400km sounds realistic.

My original comment was not a comment about the total climbing, but rather that in the 700km (one way) trip there was only one climb of around 500m, and a few smaller ones.

Maybe it's a lovely route?

I got the impression to be a fairly plan route, the 11km of climbing should be at 0.5%? The total climbing altitude seems to sum quite low.

Still, is a massive distance.

Congrats to Peter!

London departure: 7/29, 13:51
London return: 8/2, 19:04

~4 days and 6 hrs.

4.5 days of a guesstimated 12hrs riding, and it's like that many 320km days. (At my 'peak' a few years ago, I'd've been happy doing as many 40-45km days in a row.)

Back
Top Bottom