What's new

UPDATE Loads of new embedding options

TCC

Tokyo Cycling Club
Jun 30, 2013
Right, you can now embed all of the following...

Amazon, Bandcamp, BBC News, Dailymotion, Facebook, Flickr, Garmin Connect Map, Gfycat, Google Document, Google Sheets, Google+, Hulu, Imgur, Instagram, Kickstarter, LiveLeak, Livestream, Mixcloud, Reddit comment, RideWithGPS, SoundCloud, Strava, TED Talks (lol), Tumblr, Twitch, Twitter, Ustream, VEVO,Vimeo, Vine, XboxClips (lolz), YouTube.

(BBC News, and Google Document are playing up at the moment, so will not be available until I fix them).

Feel free to test these out in this thread so we can see them all working.

I will be testing the Livestream embedding with a GoPro and an iPhone over the next few days to see how good the live direct streaming is. If it works, this will open the door for all manner of live streaming of rides, etc. which we can develop over the coming months into something excellent.

TED Talks.

Works with individual videos or playlists

Google Sheets.

The spreadsheet needs to be public, or at least shared with the people you want to see it.

If permissions exist, you can edit the spreadsheet from within the forum (yeah, I know, that is nuts). Live collaborative editing is also totally possible, with an unlimited number of people.

This could be used to share highly detailed training programs, diet plans, or whatever else you use spreadsheets for. Also works in Private Messages.

Reddit.

Click on a comments' Permalink, then copy the URL...

Tumblr

Click on 'ReBlog' and get the 'Link'.

Paste that in here.

Excellent, but I find that my first choice among TED talks is actually hosted by Youtube.

Here's a Tumblr thing (from Scorpiondagger):

tumblr_mztx8wZvha1rt28efo2_r1_500.gif

Erm, hang on, it's just a GIF; how/why would it need special treatment?

Google Sheets.

The spreadsheet needs to be public, or at least shared with the people you want to see it.

[... snippety snip ...]

If permissions exist, you can edit the spreadsheet from within the forum (yeah, I know, that is fucking nuts).

Hmm. I nudged a scrollbar and was promptly told:

annoying box said:
問題が発生しました

サーバーでエラーが発生しました。[OK]を押してシートを更新してください

Whether I clicked the blue "OK" or the "X", the annoying box remained (and still remains). (This is up-to-date Firefox under Mint LMDE, if this matters.)

No error here (Windows7 / Chrome).

Can you try it in another browser (Chromium), and let me know. Cheers.

^Streaming live now. There is about 8-10 seconds delay from Ustream to here (via desktop). About 17 seconds on iPhone over Wifi, and the same over 4G.

Adverts play at the start of the stream. There is no way to prevent them, so just let them play through, then the streaming starts proper.

It should be noted that if you embed your own UStream video into here, every time you go live from your channel, your video will play from where it is embedded (if the enduser clicks the play button, of course).

Keep that in mind if you integrate UStream into your Grindr / Chatroulette lifestyle.

No error here (Windows7 / Chrome).

Can you try it in another browser (Chromium), and let me know. Cheers.

Ah yes, I should have thought of that before. In Chromium, there's just an expanse of white where the spreadsheet should be: there's no spreadsheet at all. (And the Ustream one is just a black rectangle, whereas it's fine in Firefox. Well well, what a handsome fellow you are!)

Do you have a Google account and are you logged in to it? (That might not be the issue, but it could be...)

I suspect you are having Linuxy issues with it, which we can defo see to fixing, but go through the obvious stuff first.

Kickstarter

Just go to the page, and copy the URL.

Twitter.

Copy direct link to tweet, and paste.

I have updated the media add-on and it should - theoretically - support the following media sites:

ABC News, Amazon Product, audioBoom, Audiomack, Bandcamp, BBC News, Bleacher Report videos, Break, Brightcove, CBS News Video, CNBC, CNN, CNNMoney, CollegeHumor, Comedy Central, Coub, Dailymotion, Democracy Now!, dumpert, 8tracks, ESPN, Facebook, Flickr, FORA.tv, Fox News, FOX Sports, Funny or Die, Gamespot, GameTrailers, Getty Images, Gfycat, Gifs.com, GitHub Gist (via custom iframe), Global News, GoFundMe, Google Drive, Google+, Google Sheets, Healthguru, Hudl, Hulu, HumorTV, IGN, IMDb, Imgur, Indiegogo, Instagram, Internet Archive, İzlesene, JW Platform, Kontinental Hockey League (КХЛ), Kickstarter, Kiss Video, Libsyn, LiveCap, Liveleak, Livestream, Mail.Ru, Medium, Metacafe, Mixcloud, MLB, MRCTV, MSNBC, National Geographic Channel, National Geographic Video, NBC News, NBC Sports, NHL Videos and Highlights, NPR, The New York Times Video, Orfium, Pastebin, Pinterest, Plays.tv, Podbean, Prezi, Reddit threads and comments, Rutube, Scribd, SlideShare, SoundCloud, Sportsnet, Spotify, Steam store, Stitcher, Straw Poll, Streamable, Team Coco, TED Talks, Telegram, The Atlantic Video, The Guardian, The Onion, TinyPic videos, TMZ, Trailer Addict, Tumblr, Twitch, Twitter, Ustream, VBOX7, Veoh, Vevo, Viagame, Video Detective, Videomega, Vimeo, Vine, VK, Vocaroo, Vox, Washington Post Video, WorldStarHipHop, The Wall Street Journal Online, XboxClips, Xbox DVR, Yahoo! Screen, Youku, YouTube.

All supported link formats are listed here.

There are still issues with Amazon product links, but I'm working on it.

Back
Top Bottom