What's new

LiveStrong October 2nd Imperial Palace Ride

StuInTokyo

Maximum Pace
Dec 3, 2010
If any of you would like to come and participate it would be great.....

Plan: From one's home or friend's home, to ride safely to group meeting place at Hibiya Park Fountain area. After a personal thank you from local LIVESTRONG leader and a group picture, riders will take part in a parade ride (at a slow pace) in front of the Imperial Palace using the Palace Cycling course. For those who don't arrive in time, cyclists can join group on the course.

Palace Cycling course: http://www.jbpi.or.jp/english/pc1.html

More from the event's info....

<TOKYO RIDE>

Date: Oct 2, 2011 (Sunday)
Time: 10:30 – 12:00 (Participants can leave freely)

Meeting time & place: 10:30am at Hibiya Park Fountain area.

Access Map: http://www.tokyo-park.or.jp/english/park/detail_02.html

In case of rain: Participants will be notified Oct 1, 8pm, if the ride part will be cancelled.

Participation requirement: Elementary school students or older of riders

Number of participants:unlimited

Registration request: October 1, 2011 (Saturday) 10pm. * Participation on the day of event without registration is still possible.

Registration method: Please click on "attend" button on facebook event page or email [email protected] (English), [email protected] (日本語)

Guidelines and Rules

1. Wear as much LIVESTRONG color yellow as possible. Yellow LIVESTRONG wristband will be provided to participants who don't have one already.
2.Participation is one's full responsibility and at your own risk. There will be no bicycle technical support at the event.
3.Wearing a helmet is highly recommended.
4.Please obey traffic rules and show consideration to other LIVESTRONG Day participants.

Photographs

During this event, photographs will be taken.
These photographs may be used for website of Japan for LIVESTRONG and LIVESTRONG to introduce the event or in advertisements in magazines for Yoshimasa Shoten Inc. Please let us know if you do not want to be included in photographs.

I'm thinking that with the help of a Half-Fast leader, maybe we could do a quick beginner's ride down to Haneda?

Cheers!

Up for this mate!

I have lost family members to the Big C, and would love to come down.

If it is not raining, I will be there.

Cheers for the heads up.

I'm thinking that with the help of a Half-Fast leader, maybe we could do a quick beginner's ride down to Haneda?
I would, but am already committed to providing first aid support at the Japan-Scotland Highland Games (war cry: "Och aye desu ne") that day - early morning ride to Makuhari, sit around for hours watching middle-aged men hurt themselves playing soccer, then ride back.

You could petition The Don. Or lead a ride yourself.

Just a bump, I'll be there at the meeting place before 10:30AM, the fountain at Hibiya Park.
If I get up early enough, I'll be heading out to do a few laps around the palace before hand, I do not think I'll have time for a ride after the event, I've got work to do at home :( I'd certainly be up for a cup of coffee, but time restraints will limit anything else.

If you do come, please wear yellow!

Back
Top Bottom