Lily camera

microcord

Maximum Pace
Aug 28, 2012
Tokyo
Catches? Well . . . your fingers?

De-digitalization aside: "The flight time is estimated to be 20 minutes [...] It won`t avoid trees. Or telegraph poles. [...] The max speed of Lily Cam is 25mph" (source).

Noise, etc, and the way that (after the initial novelties of these things has worn off) those sharing the road will regard you as a douche? Quoth WRM:

if your cycling exploits were in any way worth filming you wouldn't need a drone, because you'd be in the Tour de France and there would already be a freaking helicopter up there

leicaman

Maximum Pace
Sep 20, 2012
Asakadai, Saitama
Catches? Well . . . your fingers?

De-digitalization aside: "The flight time is estimated to be 20 minutes [...] It won`t avoid trees. Or telegraph poles. [...] The max speed of Lily Cam is 25mph" (source).

Noise, etc, and the way that (after the initial novelties of these things has worn off) those sharing the road will regard you as a douche? Quoth WRM:
Mr.Positive today, aren't we ;)

I think it looks pretty cool.

jdd

Maximum Pace
Hardest Crash
Jul 26, 2008
Kanazawa
"Does Lily have obstacle avoidance?

Currently, Lily does not have any obstacle avoidance capabilities. We have found that most outdoor activities do not need obstacle avoidance because Lily can follow the user's path. But again, there are no guarantees that Lily will not hit anything while it is following you. If Lily is about to hit an object you can press the middle button on the tracking device and Lily will stop, hold its position, and continue to film you."

microcord

Maximum Pace
Aug 28, 2012
Tokyo
I think it looks pretty cool.
It certainly does. That's because they're still rare and we're fantasizing that they'll be used by or for us.

Imaginably, these things will develop in a ways that are noiseless, take little power, and have minimal or no risk of falling (eg onto human heads). But if this happens, it will be after they proliferate. And till it happens, a drone is likely to irritate all who are around, aside from its owner and his chums.

zenbiker

Maximum Pace
Mar 4, 2008
Chofu
I did the Tour of Matabungkay in the Philippines a few years back. They were using a remote controlled helicopter to video the last kilometer. This had a rotor span of over a meter. I was more afraid of that coming down on me than crashing.