What's new

Liege - Bastogne - Liege today

m o b

Speeding Up
Jun 22, 2008
...Philippe Gilbert is the man. He just won Liege - Bastogne - Liege today in front of the Schleck brothers making it seem easy to outwit Luxembourgs combined cycling power. And this after wining Amstel Gold Race and La Fleche Wallonne earlier this month. What a guy.

Tom can be proud of his countryman and Ludwig can be proud of his bike. The Omega Pharma Lotto team is using Canyon bikes, just like our toge prodigy.

...Philippe Gilbert is the man. He just won Liege - Bastogne - Liege today in front of the Schleck brothers making it seem easy to outwit Luxembourgs combined cycling power. And this after wining Amstel Gold Race and La Fleche Wallonne earlier this month. What a guy.

Tom can be proud of his countryman and Ludwig can be proud of his bike. The Omega Pharma Lotto team is using Canyon bikes, just like our toge prodigy.

Very proud indeed :)! Looks like Tom Boonen's days are over though. Anyway, Gilbert is a more complete cyclist possessing all-round strengths which Boonen doesn't. Yes, I believe we will see Gilbert on the Tour podium.

The Schlecks were a disgrace in the last 5kms... they should have at least tried to out fox Gil.
:p

Yes, what a bunch of limp-fisted ******** One should have attacked, forced Gilbert to chase, then the other and so on, until Gilbert was spent but instead they just gave him a nice tow to the line. Unbelievable. What were they thinking??? :confused: Words fail me...:cry:

And this after wining Amstel Gold Race and La Fleche Wallonne earlier this month. What a guy.

He actually won all three in the space of the week!

He usually peaks now and again at the end of the season for Lombardie / the Worlds. Will be interesting to see if he can peak again for the tour.

I haven't had chance to watch the race yet but it seems strange that two brothers on the same team and of the calibre of the Shlecks couldn't do one over on him...

Andy

www.jyonnobitime.com/time

tumblr_lk9bdfj9yQ1qaut42o1_1280.jpg

Definitely helps to have second champion on Canyon to explain the brand in Japan.

Back
Top Bottom