What's new

L'Eroica Recon

GSAstuto

Maximum Pace
Oct 11, 2009
Eric and I are getting prepped for the <real> steel ride (Tokyo to Aomori) in a couple weeks. It came up that there is supposedly a 1st edition of l'eroica Japan happening next weekend (Sat/Ride Sun) At Lake Kawaguchiko. So - we're thinking about riding out there and checking the scene out. For sure we'll be on our full steel-is-real kit, so if you want to join up , please ride similar equipment. (Pre 1990, Steel, Campy, Wool, Leather)

I'll be passing within 2 km of Kawaguchiko on Sunday on my steel Bike Friday, but I will be about 215 km into my 300 km brevet at the time, so we probably won't meet unless you catch me somewhere on the way back towards Tokyo! :)

The steel is ready, the engine is most definitely not. (Plus my employer has scheduled a meeting.) Still, I can dream. Er, hang on a sec:

For sure we'll be on our full steel-is-real kit, so if you want to join up , please ride similar equipment. (Pre 1990, Steel, Campy, Wool, Leather)

Campy? Just out of casual interest . . . do you need to Camp it up if you're already riding Suntour?

Haha! I don't really mind anything joining along, it's just a cosplay event after all!
@ Joe - I7ll send you the course and maybe there is an intersection somewhere. It seems they are riding pretty much the same old 'cafe and conbini' route around Lake Kawaguchiko that most weekend warriors do - sans any real climbing or forays onto truly relevant rindos or hills.

Haha! I don't really mind anything joining along, it's just a cosplay event after all!
Speaking of which - among the multi-coloured cosplay freak show that is weekend Odaiba, I noticed a few pairs of 'psyclists' with bright yellow wigs. I assume there's a new manga or animé about cycling. Asked them 'Where are your bikes?', and was met with much confused laughter (probably at the talking gaijin).

May be interested. I have the Steel/Campy mix... but no wool....
Odds are I cannot make it (US holiday in two weeks = vacation with wifey) but if I can, I would love to.

Back
Top Bottom