What's new
  • Dear valued Members,

we kindly ask you to post/repost your classified ads to our new Classifieds section. This subforum is now in read-only status. If you still have active ads, repost them to the new Classified section.

Please submit multiple items seperately: one entry for each item you'd like to post.

Thank you!

Sold! Lemond Revolution Trainer + Power Pilot

wexford

Maximum Pace
Jul 3, 2012
I'm selling my Lemond Revolution trainer. I'm not sure exactly how old this is at this point. Maybe I got it around 2014 or 2015. I have used it for a few years now and it's still as good as ever. I bought a new Kickr end of last year for 3 reasons; 1) I was curious about ERG mode; 2) I was wanting to switch to 11 speed and; 3) I didn't like wearing ear phones to listen to music while working out. I just sweat too much for that.

Sure the Kickr is quieter. Very quiet intact. But it is also expensive and it has a lot of electronic stuff going on so I fear that it may break one day. Such was my fear that I actually hung on to the Lemond until now :) No such worry with the Lemond though. It is quite a simple machine. There is nothing to plug in and does what it does very well. The Kickr 2019 is supposed to have more of a road feel to it than previous Kickrs, but its is pretty laughable compared to the Lemond which has a superb road feeling in comparison.

I used the Lemond in my basement which is concrete. It was never heard outside of the room. The sound it makes is mostly a wind sound rather than vibrations so I believe that it is quiet except for the wind. Kind of like a turning a strong fan on full. It is quite heavy and strong (well made). It won't fall over and is pretty kind to the bike. Anyway, you can probably lookup and read quite a lot of info on the Lemond online.

So what's the Power Pilot you ask? The Power Pilot is a bike computer that works with the Lemond. It can tell you your heart rate, speed, power and cadence. The HR comes from a HR monitor you provide as does cadence. They need to be ANT. Speed is built into the Lemond and it broadcasts ANT. You can see the speed sensor in an image below. Power is built into the Power Pilot head unit and it is not broadcasted. So you can see power and you can record power on the unit but it won't broadcast power unfortunately to a program such as Zwift or TrainerRoad. You can record workouts on the power pilot, download them with a USB key (provided) and then upload to your computer. I wrote a program that converted rides on the computer then to Strava a long time ago. You could also try that out.

I didn't use the power pilot much though after the first few months as I started to use TrainerRoad. With TrainerRoad, it allows me to use Virtual Power. TrainerRoad virtual power tracks very well to the power pilot readings. So you can basically train with power that way. I think it also works with Sufferfest and Zwift like this (not 100% sure) as when I used those programs I had already bought some power meter pedals so I could have power inside and out :) Power user you see. I recommend TrainerRoad though.

Details:
1 x Lemond Revolution Trainer (as photographed)
1 x Power Pilot (looks like its still working - though didn't do a data test session) - Missing a rubber band to hook onto the bars.
1 x Speed sensor (attached to the Lemond trainer)
1 x Shimano/Sram 10S (10 speed) free hub body (attached to trainer)
1 x Campy 10S freewheel (extra part)
1 x USB key (no idea what size)
1 x 10 Speed (12-25 Shimano Ultegra block)

Price: 15,000 + postage if required. I believe this to be a pretty good price.

Note: This is a tad big and heavy so not sure how I would post it. I live in Meguro-ku/Tokyo. Maybe you can pick it up by car? Or I can drop it off by car. I can definitely look up posting options if that is all that is available though.

The free hub body is 10 speed as stated above. This was one of my reasons for changing to the Kickr. However, I have seen that conversions to 11 speed is possible. Lemond Fitness used to sell such a conversion kit if you could find it second hand. Also, there are some youtube hacks where you can use a milling machine to cut an 11S cassette so that it fits on the 10s freewheel which also works if you have such contacts. Check youtube out. If you have 10S though, it will just work.

You can see the fan and the wide legs along with the speed sensor in the last image here.
IMG_0797.jpg IMG_0800.JPEGIMG_0801.JPEG

The power pilot unit and usb key. Note the legs on bottom of the unit with the round shape. It sits on the handle bars like this but is just missing the rubber band that holds it on. You can probably buy a cat eye one or something if you were to use the power pilot.
IMG_0798.JPEGIMG_0804.JPEGIMG_0799.JPEG

Shimano free hub attached and campy in hand. Both are 10S.
IMG_0802.JPEGIMG_0803.JPEG

And here is the 10S 12-25 block.
IMG_0807.jpeg

I'm selling my Lemond Revolution trainer. I'm not sure exactly how old this is at this point. Maybe I got it around 2014 or 2015. I have used it for a few years now and it's still as good as ever. I bought a new Kickr end of last year for 3 reasons; 1) I was curious about ERG mode; 2) I was wanting to switch to 11 speed and; 3) I didn't like wearing ear phones to listen to music while working out. I just sweat too much for that.

Sure the Kickr is quieter. Very quiet intact. But it is also expensive and it has a lot of electronic stuff going on so I fear that it may break one day. Such was my fear that I actually hung on to the Lemond until now :) No such worry with the Lemond though. It is quite a simple machine. There is nothing to plug in and does what it does very well. The Kickr 2019 is supposed to have more of a road feel to it than previous Kickrs, but its is pretty laughable compared to the Lemond which has a superb road feeling in comparison.

I used the Lemond in my basement which is concrete. It was never heard outside of the room. The sound it makes is mostly a wind sound rather than vibrations so I believe that it is quiet except for the wind. Kind of like a turning a strong fan on full. It is quite heavy and strong (well made). It won't fall over and is pretty kind to the bike. Anyway, you can probably lookup and read quite a lot of info on the Lemond online.

So what's the Power Pilot you ask? The Power Pilot is a bike computer that works with the Lemond. It can tell you your heart rate, speed, power and cadence. The HR comes from a HR monitor you provide as does cadence. They need to be ANT. Speed is built into the Lemond and it broadcasts ANT. You can see the speed sensor in an image below. Power is built into the Power Pilot head unit and it is not broadcasted. So you can see power and you can record power on the unit but it won't broadcast power unfortunately to a program such as Zwift or TrainerRoad. You can record workouts on the power pilot, download them with a USB key (provided) and then upload to your computer. I wrote a program that converted rides on the computer then to Strava a long time ago. You could also try that out.

I didn't use the power pilot much though after the first few months as I started to use TrainerRoad. With TrainerRoad, it allows me to use Virtual Power. TrainerRoad virtual power tracks very well to the power pilot readings. So you can basically train with power that way. I think it also works with Sufferfest and Zwift like this (not 100% sure) as when I used those programs I had already bought some power meter pedals so I could have power inside and out :) Power user you see. I recommend TrainerRoad though.

Details:
1 x Lemond Revolution Trainer (as photographed)
1 x Power Pilot (looks like its still working - though didn't do a data test session) - Missing a rubber band to hook onto the bars.
1 x Speed sensor (attached to the Lemond trainer)
1 x Shimano/Sram 10S (10 speed) free hub body (attached to trainer)
1 x Campy 10S freewheel (extra part)
1 x USB key (no idea what size)
1 x 10 Speed (12-25 Shimano Ultegra block)

Price: 15,000 + postage if required. I believe this to be a pretty good price.

Note: This is a tad big and heavy so not sure how I would post it. I live in Meguro-ku/Tokyo. Maybe you can pick it up by car? Or I can drop it off by car. I can definitely look up posting options if that is all that is available though.

The free hub body is 10 speed as stated above. This was one of my reasons for changing to the Kickr. However, I have seen that conversions to 11 speed is possible. Lemond Fitness used to sell such a conversion kit if you could find it second hand. Also, there are some youtube hacks where you can use a milling machine to cut an 11S cassette so that it fits on the 10s freewheel which also works if you have such contacts. Check youtube out. If you have 10S though, it will just work.

You can see the fan and the wide legs along with the speed sensor in the last image here.
View attachment 17475 View attachment 17478View attachment 17479

The power pilot unit and usb key. Note the legs on bottom of the unit with the round shape. It sits on the handle bars like this but is just missing the rubber band that holds it on. You can probably buy a cat eye one or something if you were to use the power pilot.
View attachment 17476View attachment 17482View attachment 17477

Shimano free hub attached and campy in hand. Both are 10S.
View attachment 17480View attachment 17481

And here is the 10S 12-25 block.
View attachment 17483
Yamato will deliver for you.

http://www.kuronekoyamato.co.jp/ytc/en/search/payment/

Get the buyer to budget for 1,500 to 2,000 yen and deliver by "pay on delivery", that way everyone is happy.

Looks like a sweet deal for someone!

Andy

Hi,I live in Vancouver BC Canada,would you consider selling and shipping your Trainer...cost of Trainer and shipping
Arigatou gozaimasu...Angus

Hi @Angus Paterson - Let me check what that might cost to ship to Canada. I'm currently in the US but will be returning back to Japan on Sunday. I'll see what I can find regarding shipping when I get back. It will probably be early next week. Thanks for your interest.

Hi,I just took a good look at the pics.Alas it looks it pretty rough shape ie the casing for belt drive louvre worn
so I'll have to take a Pass.
Cheers...Angus.

Wow! "Rough Shape" is far from how I would rate the trainer.
"Used" might be a better word, but then again, it is for sale as used, so I would say condition is as expected.
Also the description seems pretty accurate to what you are getting.

I find it amusing you would ask someone to look up shipping for you before you even looked at the pictures or read the description.

@Angus Paterson - that's fine - you are shipping from a long way but I also tend to agree with @bloaker :)

For anyone else interested, let me know if you would like more detailed photos of any particular part of this trainer. I might try take a few more shots tonight and post them up.

Back
Top Bottom