What's new

Lance it

Not really "again" so to speak - this has been an ongoing investigation.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Obviously the USADA is going to step pretty lightly when it comes to making a formal accusation to Lance given his incredible success and status within the cancer / lifestyle community. Until we see the tangible evidence reports it's still just accusation and everybody has an opinion on the guy - good or bad. Hopefully, though, this will result in the sport becoming one step closer to 'clean'.

But that step is going to be a pretty big one. Cycling melds man and machine unlike many other sports and the desire to conintually 'upgrade' and improve is very very strong. Doping is just seen as part of that upgrade, as much the same as frame or group improvements, advanced aero testing, etc. The competition is fierce and everyone knows when the leader has you by mere fractions of a second across the line, you would give ANYTHING for a small advantage , whether its a lighter wheel, stiffer crank or special 'supplement'. How many of you KOM fanatics secretly fantasize about getting that extra boost at any cost? Now multiply that by about 10,000 times cause not only your salary depends on that KOM, but your reputation and job and family security. Tremendous pressure on these riders and teams.

Will be interesting to see if it brings down the UCI with that 2001 Tour de Suisse alleged cover-up lurking in the background and Armstrong`s subsequent donations to the UCI.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out. Obviously the USADA is going to step pretty lightly when it comes to making a formal accusation to Lance given his incredible success and status within the cancer / lifestyle community. .

I've read the accusations issued by the USADA and they aren't treading lightly at all -

http://online.wsj.com/public/resources/documents/armstrongcharging0613.pdf

The thing that really gets me though is that its the same old names, Bruyneel, Ferrari, Moral, Celaya etc.

The doctors have been involved in so many cases around the world yet they still hold medical licenses and are involved in the sport. Secondly the managers - Im sorry but if you have ever seen the equipment to not only store blood at home or provide blood transfusions then you will know that there is no way in hell the managers and others involved in the team wouldn't know about it. Let alone the equipment needed for "Blood packing" proceedures.

Managers involved with riders that dope should receive harsher punishment than the riders as it is thier responsibility to make sure they foster a clean sport within the team.

Cancer/lifestyle community

:D I find it pretty funny that some people say he can do no wrong because of his charity work.

If Hitler invaded Poland for charity would it have been alright?:rolleyes:

It's a shame all the cheats just can't come out and say it. If they were all doing it then what will happen? Sued to return endorsements and prize money?

I guess that is why fellas who were not winning the big money are fine talking about it now. Nothing to lose and certainly not going to lie to protect Armstrong.

Cycling is unique that it runs these back to back month long events where the bodies ability to recover is important as its ability to actually do the activity required. I guess also it comes from a long history of substance abuse it is hard to change peoples minds, the team managers and old school guys probably grew up in a sport riddled with drug abuse.

Such a shame that noone is above repute. Anyway it seems like Armstrong is going to get what he deserves.

Such a shame that noone is above repute. Anyway it seems like Armstrong is going to get what he deserves.

absolutely - if the USADA do find that he was clean as a sheet it will be the absolute end to this once and for all. If however he was guilty I think more than those on the list are going to find themselves under the spot light.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_SAAUO_tbY&feature=related

It is all about the personality, at that level.

I love him, for the same reason you love him; he personifies the dark side of what you want and what you can't put into words. He is faster and more erudite than you.

Powerful interview for sure.

Question, at one point he says that once he gets with the "GB" team with the right support, right coaches etc, he realized that he could win without doping, is he wrong?

Question, at one point he says that once he gets with the "GB" team with the right support, right coaches etc, he realized that he could win without doping, is he wrong?

Quote Wikipedia:
He was the British national road champion and the national time trial champion, both in 2007. (...) He was banned for two years in 2004 after admitting taking banned performance-enhancing drugs, but four years after his return he won the silver medal at the World Time Trial Championships.

So yes, he could win without drugs. A few days ago he was shortlisted for the 2012 UK olympic road bike team.

GB probably refers to the Garmin-Barracuda team he's with now.

Yes when he mentions Team GB he is talkiing about Great Britain, but in fact he is refering to Team Sky Professional Racing.

Yes when he mentions Team GB he is talkiing about Great Britain, but in fact he is refering to Team Sky Professional Racing.

Right. Or more accurately, he's referring to the team that later became Sky.

You Know.

I am really do not like I can't easily show my fellow brethren props by the click of a button.

It doesn't have to be "like"

It could be

"breakaway"

or

"sprint point"

or

"KOM"

But I want to know who likes what and I want you to know I likes what if that makes sensei.

I mean are we living pre-FB or what?

I think that the workers on this site could brainchild some really amazing things and make this site what it could be.

Here Here.

Please nominate a sticky to the good of the forum. Place changes on votes.

Lance Schmance

You posting drunk again Chuck?

Also seems that good old Chuck is also addicted to the sycophantic features of FB.

The controversy about Lance Armstrongs is dragging on for forever and ever and becomes, IMHO quite meaningless. So he cheated 1999 when winning the TdF? Wasn't that in the last century? Even before the Y2K bug and most of the internet? Next topic, please.

In the event hat he is charged guilty and stripped of his TdF titles, who would become the winner of the TdFs between 1999 and 2005? Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present you four-times TdF winner Jan Ullrich!

Details and the others here: http://cyclitis.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/armstrong1150px.jpg

Back
Top Bottom