What's new

Kusatsu 2013

TOM G

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2011
I didn't see a thread for this yet, so figured I would start one. I just received my application for the Kusatsu 2013 hill climb in the mail. It will be held on Sunday, April 21. Based on my limited interpretation of the Japanese instructions, it seems that registration is open from January 1 - February 28.

I'm looking forward to this one this year and hopefully others will be going and we can sort out some TCC group accommodation, etc...

We'll be there. Hopefully the weather will cooperate this year and allow for the full course!

This seems to be the one many TCC members talk about. Thanks for the heads up. I love hill climbs, I just wish I was more competitive. This will give me a something to work for over the winter! Thanks for the heads up.

Thanks for the heads up. Registration of this race fills up really quick (except MTB, ladies and junior categories), so I signed up early this morning:)
Better hurry if you're up for it.

Eugen

Thanks for alert! Just signed up for this and Yatsugatake (the weekend before). In both cases, hoping the weather isn't going to force truncated courses:pray:

I just finalized my registration and fee payment for Kusatsu HC.

For anyone looking for accommodations, I have booked my family into this ryokan, which I believe was identified by another TCCer last year:
http://www.iijimakan.com/room/

I am in

Hi guys, just completed my entry as well. What course did you choose? I assume the first one of the list ...

Lupo - - I think most of us have registered for the full course (12.3 km) up Mt. Shirane, in the various age group categories.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year. :( I hope the weather is reasonable for you guys - last year's severely shortened distance was pretty disappointing.

I wonder what they are all doing instead of cycling...

Apparently there is junken for the prizes.... no, I'm not joking.

Maybe that gets the organizers out of refunding the entrance money.

I wonder how many of the 18 times they're run this event it has been cancelled or curtailed due to bad weather. Do many people actually get to experience this appealing scene...
main_img.jpg

Apparently there is janken for the prizes.... no, I'm not joking.
Maybe that gets the organizers out of refunding the entrance money.
From the brochure: *申込後の参加料は、大会中止、不参加の場合でも払戻しはいたしません。また、参加料の過剰入金、重複入金の返金はいたしません (If we cancel the event, or you don't show up, we will keep your money already. If you accidentally pay too much or pay twice, we will keep it all. Have a nice bath.)

Yes, I never really understood the timing/scheduling of this race. Obviously, the following two weekends are 'Golden'. The first weekend after GW would make everyone a little happier, I would imagine.

Yes, I never really understood the timing/scheduling of this race. Obviously, the following two weekends are 'Golden'. The first weekend after GW would make everyone a little happier, I would imagine.
Mothers day, might not win Dad many points leaving the kids at home with Mum while he goes cycling. Any later and I think the local businesses will complain that tour companies and such ( big spenders) can't use the road.

Well, Kusatsu has to be one of the most family friendly venues out there. Mom , Dad, little Joey. However, if Mother's day were to reduce the
number of entrants, that might be a good thing!:)

Finally back from Kusatsu again. What a fun packed weekend of fine quality racing! (Just kidding)

Again, unfortunately the weather turned sour and the event had to be cancelled. Unlike last year, the snow was too heavy to allow running even the lower course.
We spent the better part of the morning actually digging out and re-digging out our rental vans.
I suggested to the organizers that in the interest of 'Global Warming' they should either change the event to a CX, or move it forward a few weeks to ensure a better chance at appropriate weather for general road racing.

Back
Top Bottom