What's new

Ride Kujukuri - Boso

Phil

Maximum Pace
Sep 1, 2007
What: Weekday run to the coast and then south.
When: 8AM, May 21 (Thurs)
Where: Start at outskirts of Chiba City, end Honda Station

Route:
http://www.mapmyride.com/route/jp/chiba/462124235354466483
Chiba City > Kujukuri Coast > Interior of Boso > Boso Coast > Kameyama Lakes > Honda
180km according to MapMyRide ;). Flat for the first 60km, then up-and-down for the rest. Decent amount of ground to cover, so fairly fast-paced.

To get to the start point, either ride out with Thomas on the 69/66, or take the train to Yotsukaido (四街道駅) followed by 3-4 km ride on the 66. Rendezvous is Lawsons at the route starting point.

So far, the group is

Thomas
Phil

Let me know if you're interested!

Rain?

Gents, weather forecast for the last couple of days has rain on Thursday; if it doesn't change, we will probably have to postpone this :(

Maybe make final decision around early evening tomorrow?

0% chance...

...of precipitation. Well, if they're that sure, I think we are officially a "go." Fellow freeters are Thomas, David (Truffles), and maybe Travis. See you all at 8AM. Looking forward to it!

Oh how I envy your freeterdom!

Have a great ride, guys!

Deej

Deej, maybe the next Boso ride on a weekend, eh? It's been ages since you've been out here. Still haven't seen the new bike...

Deej, maybe the next Boso ride on a weekend, eh? It's been ages since you've been out here. Still haven't seen the new bike...

I know -- it's a shame. The Hilly Boso ride ranks as one of my all-time favorite TCC outings.

I'm getting pretty adept at bagging my bike, so I can train it over one of these weekends (unless Philip wants to drive me there again :)).

Deej

Thomas, David, many thanks for the excellent company yesterday! It was a bit hotter and harder than we'd planned, but great fun nonetheless. Feeling it a bit today though. :warau: Hope you both had safe journeys back home.

Phil, David, thanks for the ride yesterday! :)

After our dash from Kamogawa along R24 I completely bonked. I guess three hours of sleep and a hangover didn't help. Thanks for your patience, Phil. :warau:

Looking forward to our next wild ride in Chiba.

Feelin' Good

Excellent ride and congenial company, just as one would expect when out with
Phil and Thomas. Boso's the best!

Only sour note in a fine, fine day was getting home and checking the bogus
American Idol result. ;)

David

P.S. I'd recommend remembering to bring both gloves next time, and every time.

Back
Top Bottom