Kt4 2009

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Tokyo
Following the Plan, Saturday's KT4 ride will be a high-intensity (i.e. fast with few stops) ride around Miura Peninsula.

Todor and I started this ride last Sunday, but decided to pack it in just south of Yokosuka, as heavy rain was turning it from a training ride into a "this will give us pneumonia" ride. However, the forecast for this Saturday is looking good!

Meeting times are:
7:30 am at Shinagawa Station, Takanawa (west) exit
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e788.html

9:00 am at Yokohama Station, east exit
http://www.jreast.co.jp/e/stations/e1638.html

The Route
http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/japan/tokyo/386348323736

Please let me know if you plan to attend.

AW.

thomas

The Crank Engine
Nov 1, 2005
多摩区
Thanks for posting this, Alan, I'm definitely on board. High-intensity sounds good, as long as there's a scheduled stop in Mizaki for some "toro-man"! :)

Anyone riding out to Yokohama?

TOM

Maximum Pace
Perfect choice

for tomorrow this Miura Loop (it is still better avoid the mountains for the time being) ! Living a bit far away from Yokohama, I cannot join but instead I will keep on eye on oncoming TCC traffic :) as I'm planning to do more or less the same route but in reverse :eek: direction.

david.anderson

Speeding Up
Dec 23, 2008
tokyo
Hi Allan,

Yes i quite fancy this ride.

I have a noisy bike and need to sort out a few things, but will SMS if i cannot make it.

Dave

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Tokyo
Thanks for posting this, Alan, I'm definitely on board. High-intensity sounds good, as long as there's a scheduled stop in Mizaki for some "toro-man"! :)

Anyone riding out to Yokohama?
Thomas,
I plan to ride from town. Shinagawa west exit @ 7:30am. Toro-man are definitely on the menu!

Tom,
We'll be looking out for you coming the other way.

David & Sergey,
See you tomorrow.
AW.

trad

Maximum Pace
Dec 4, 2006
Tokyo
Thanks Alan for organizing and for pulling the crew most the day. Great day out - perfect weather, kind winds, awesome "toro-man". Hope everyone made it home safe.

Kudo's for Andy - never seen someone hang on a higher intensity long ride in a communting bike with handlebar bag and fenders. Hats off.

TOM

Maximum Pace
Glad

we were able to meet on our collision course! It was about where I had expected us to cross. I felt compassion ;) for some riders in the back of the peloton - especially the Red Lantern - as they were almost visibly sweating blood to get up that nasty little hill leading to Miyakawa-ko!

This was the fifth time for me to circumnavigate Miura Peninsula this winter and I really like the undulating landscape. Not sure about summer...must be getting extremely crowded then...

Mike

Maximum Pace
Sep 24, 2007
Kanagawa
Tom.....

I was looking at your map and not sure if you know but there's a bike path from Yamato all the way to Fujisawa. I use it when I do my rides Down to Zushi and Hayama. Let me know next time you're doing you're Miura ride and I'll join you from Yamato, if you want some company of course:)

TOM

Maximum Pace
Always

happy with good company on a ride Mike :) ! Yes, that 25 km-long bike path along the Sakaigawa river is quite popular but also rather narrow in places and slow (too many obstacles). On Saturday, I took a different approach to the sea with a nice detour along the Sagamigawa-river direction Hadano. My next Miura ride? Not so sure, I'd rather start doing the mountains again. Let's meet on one of AlanW's next Kusatsu Training rides!

I was looking at your map and not sure if you know but there's a bike path from Yamato all the way to Fujisawa. I use it when I do my rides Down to Zushi and Hayama. Let me know next time you're doing you're Miura ride and I'll join you from Yamato, if you want some company of course:)