What's new

KT- this weekend

AlanW

Maximum Pace
Jan 30, 2007
Right then lads,
I am struggling to recover from a nasty cold I picked up earlier this week. So if I ride at all this weekend (and that's doubtful) I will only go for a short easy cruise.

So if you're looking for a tough ride; I won't be leading one :eek:uch:
Have fun out there and I'll see you at Kusatsu.

AW.

Right then lads,
I am struggling to recover from a nasty cold I picked up earlier this week. So if I ride at all this weekend (and that's doubtful) I will only go for a short easy cruise.

So if you're looking for a tough ride; I won't be leading one :eek:uch:
Have fun out there and I'll see you at Kusatsu.

AW.

Get well soon, I also caught one during Hanami drinking last week, it was just so cold, but I am feeling better now.
I will most properly go for (family friendly) very early morning ride (like first train from Tokyo) to Yabitsu or Takao on Sunday. If somebody is up for early action let me know and I will post it.

I'm sorry to hear that you caught such a nasty cold.
Hope you and Naomi-san get better by Kusatsu.

Takaaki

Get well, Alan! I hope you'll be able to give 100% at Kusatsu.
No riding for me this week-end.

Get well Alan,

What will I do of a Sunday without our KT master?

Malte, I was thinking of doing Yabitsu. We wouldn't actualy ride together more than a few meters of the climb, due to the slight power difference between us (but not as great as with Alan :). It might get me out of bed though.

When do you think you'll get out there?

Dave

Get well Alan,

What will I do of a Sunday without our KT master?

Malte, I was thinking of doing Yabitsu. We wouldn't actualy ride together more than a few meters of the climb, due to the slight power difference between us (but not as great as with Alan :). It might get me out of bed though.

When do you think you'll get out there?

Dave

I usually take the first Tokaido Line from Shinagawa, that would be 4:35 :eek:.

Malte, that's a bit :eek: 'hayai' :eek: for me. See you at Kusatsu.

I think I'll join Yamabushi's green line excursion tomorrow.

Have a good hard ride up Yabitsu :bike: etc.

Dave

Kazahari Rindo and Nokogiri Rindo

Changed plans a bit and did a Takao loop instead. Started a bit later - 6:30 from Takako Station and went from there to Musashiitsukaichi and up Kazahari Rindo and then Nokogiri Rindo (total 2100m climbing). Both rindo's were first timers for me. No Cyclist there at that time so I needed to pace myself, Kazahari was completely in the clouds with sometimes only 20m view :eek:, I got a bit surprised by the gate thinking that it's still 2 km to go. Anyway I beat Alan's best :p with 32:19 (and Deej time of course as well ... seems like ~3min faster than his PB *autsch* :rolleyes:).
Downhill to Okutama was freezing cold so I was happy seeing the sun when cruising around the lake.
Second climb was Nokogiri Rindo. In some post here it's described as a gravel road. I actually didn't found it that bad (much better than the Yabitsu Rindo we did two weeks back at Mike's Birthday ride). See the pictures below.
attachment.php

North Side Climb, the road winding up

attachment.php

South Side descent
attachment.php

Scary Tunnel

Back
Top Bottom