Review Kreitler Rollers

TOM G

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2011
Minato
I've been using Kreitler rollers for a couple of years and have been pleased with the overall performance. Now that I'm comfortable balancing on rollers, I'm considering adding the Kreitler "Killer Headwind" unit to add road-like feel and resistance. Have any of you used this product? Any feedback, positive or negative, would be welcome. Thanks in advance.

For those not familiar with it, the Kreitler roller and headwind unit are here: http://www.babol.co.uk/products.asp?cat=80

TOM G

Speeding Up
Jun 13, 2011
Minato
No. However, that's evil. What next? Hook the roller up to a hammer on a ratchet that bashes away at your thighs?

That's hilarious- I wonder if repeated hammer blows could build the quadriceps?

Seriously though, the rollers alone have very little resistance. I also have a turbo trainer, so use rollers for high cadence and turbo for resistance. I'm looking to add resistance to rollers to combine the two objectives. I suppose I could instead go with smaller diameter rollers (I currently use 4.5") to increase resistance, but that would be more expensive and mean scrapping my current rollers, which have a lot of life left in them. Any other thoughts on this from rollers users?