What's new

Ride Kiyokawa Rindo Ride - Sunday June 19

Conrad

Maximum Pace
Dec 8, 2014
@TokyoLiving and myself are heading up to Kiyokawa to explore a few mountain roads. I've been over most of the route before and the road surface is good for most of it, with the usual rocks and small debris here and there. There's one section that is entirely new to me so no guarantees there, and any info on it would be most welcome. (Apparently we'll be lifting the bikes over a couple of gates.)
We'll be practicing drafting on the way out so if you wanna come along please be prepared to take your turn at the front. Of course all are welcome to join. Medium pace on the flat and less on the hills.

Meeting time: 5:00am (we both have plans in the arvo so need to leave early)
Meeting Place: Family Mart near Takahatafudo Station, Keio Line.
Here's the route:

Last edited:
That 'one section' is closed quite annoyingly (but deserted and beautiful). You'd be doing us rindomaniacs all a favor if you'd take some tools along to remove the short scaffolding bars and wooden beams that block the sides of the gates. It's easier with two people to pass the bikes over/through. I once encountered a logging crew up there and managed to sneak out through the open gate as they were finishing up.

As you'll see from the state of the crash barriers in some places, nasty landslides involving huge rocks are a feature of this road.

If you'd like a few bonus km of deserted road instead of a boring bridge, this diversion around the west arm of the lake is also wonderful, and doesn't involve nearly as much climbing as RWGPS suggests.

That start time, tho.

Look forward to seeing you there @Kohei Matsuda , it should be a good ride:) If you're running short of time there are a couple of bail points along the way that could have you back home earlier.

Good ride today guys. Really nice scenery and quiet rindo roads, def want to try this ride again sometime. Nice meeting you, @Kohei Matsuda . We'll be heading out for another ride next Sunday and you're more than welcome to join us for another spin :)

Great ride guys! Lots of climbing and quiet roads. Yes Kohei join us again. We are on every Sunday.

Attachments

• IMG_3709.jpg
    IMG_3709.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 15
Back
Top Bottom