What's new

Keirin

Camyma

Warming-Up
Sep 13, 2008
Hi
I am planning on visiting Tokyo in Nov/Dec and would love to see a keirin race. Can anyone tell me when and where they are taking place near Tokyo. would like to book my trip to coincide with it.

Many thanks

Here is the calendar
November
HERE

and
December
HERE

All in Japanese though.

The 2nd & 3rd tables down seem to be the ones closest to Tokyo.

松戸 立川 大宮 取手 are tracks I know that have easy access from Tokyo.

Hi
Thanks for reply. I dont know a word of japanese! would you be able to translate and maybe give more info as in dates and times? It would be much apppreciated.

Hi
Thanks for reply. I dont know a word of japanese! would you be able to translate and maybe give more info as in dates and times? It would be much apppreciated.

Too many races,locations, dates and times to translate. Just print off those pages and show them to somebody when you get here... Unless you can tell me exactly what days you want to see a race... almost a race on every day.

Where will you be staying?
How far do you want to travel?
It won't be like the Olympics. The tracks are filed with elderly men in there 60s 70s & 80s chain smoking (clouds of smoke even out in the open). and gambling. Reminds me a bit like the greyhound races back in Australia.

There's gonna be a series of international invitational keirins next month that will feature recent olympians and world champions, you might want to check these out!

I'll post you some info in english when I get a minute to confirm the schedules, please stand by...

Lets not forget 京王閣 in Chofu/ Tokyo. Probably the most convenient for someone visiting Tokyo and 10 mins from my house!:bike:

Well, I just realized you said you're not coming until Nov/Dec, and this International Keirin is Oct 19th at Keiokaku in Chofu.

For those that can make it, it should be pretty hot. Even though Theo Bos and Chris Hoy have cancelled, there's still Teun Mulder, Ross Edgar and Shane Kelly so it's officially star-studded.

for that invitational do you think it would be a good idea to buy a ticket? if so how and where would I be able to do that? also what time will it be starting?

dyna-j

Kawasaki Keirin

So I think I understand that Keirin is year round ?
I have almost found the velodrome in Kawasaki. It seems to have EZ train access. Go thru the underground mall to the shuttle bus. I also think there is a big race champion race series at the beginning of March ?
NOT that I care. ANY Keirin is good Keirin as far as I am concerned. I would enjoy the grandma race series.

I will be in Japan from 9th to 24 July 2009 and I really want to see a keirin race. doesn't have to be in tokyo, can be osaka, fukuoka, i'm flexible, can any one help me find dates and places etc? preferably in english, but japanese would prob do too.

thank you

Back
Top Bottom