What's new

keirin question: japan championship in shizuoka

adamdiy

Warming-Up
Mar 6, 2008
i see that the 2008 Japan Championship is March 18-23. anyone here go to keirin races?

everyone says its super cheap/easy to go to most keirin events, but will that be true for the final day of the Japan Championship? should i try to get a ticket before? super excited to go!

i see that the 2008 Japan Championship is March 18-23. anyone here go to keirin races?

everyone says its super cheap/easy to go to most keirin events, but will that be true for the final day of the Japan Championship? should i try to get a ticket before? super excited to go!

I went once to watch. I enjoyed it. There is a lot of cigarette smoke around from the old oyaji gamblers.
Don't go to the main events as there are too many people.

I've been to the Chiba track once. Like most gambling venues, if you avoid wagering money it's dirt cheap to go. When I went with my wife we got free passes to the grandstand area because it was "couples day" or something. Even so, I think the grandstand was only \1000 yen and the open air stands half that or less (going by memory here...)

Like horse racing, there's a long wait between races (about 30 min. I think), but the races themselves are fairly cool. On regular days (ie no special events), there's plenty of space. Most of the "spectators" all sit in the open areas behind the stands anyway, near the beer and yakiniku stalls and from where they can see the race properly on the TV monitors.:)

You'll sometimes spot the keirin racers if you ride a lot in the outskirts of Tokyo (I often see them around the airport). They're easy to spot because of their 50 rpm cadence, plastic kid's skateboard helmets, and really crappy old-skool steel bikes.

I've been to the Chiba track once. Like most gambling venues, if you avoid wagering money it's dirt cheap to go. When I went with my wife we got free passes to the grandstand area because it was "couples day" or something. Even so, I think the grandstand was only \1000 yen and the open air stands half that or less (going by memory here...)

Like horse racing, there's a long wait between races (about 30 min. I think), but the races themselves are fairly cool. On regular days (ie no special events), there's plenty of space. Most of the "spectators" all sit in the open areas behind the stands anyway, near the beer and yakiniku stalls and from where they can see the race properly on the TV monitors.:)

You'll sometimes spot the keirin racers if you ride a lot in the outskirts of Tokyo (I often see them around the airport). They're easy to spot because of their 50 rpm cadence, plastic kid's skateboard helmets, and really crappy old-skool steel bikes.

and oil barrel sized thighs.

Back
Top Bottom